Wednesday, July 2, 2008

76-100 Fun Facts

It's going to be tough for these last 25 to come close to Leah's first 75 facts, but I promised I would try so here goes nothing.

76) We use the phrase "bacon head" as a term of endearment.

77) When all else fails to make Leah happy, Happy Meals are the way to go... or sometimes if she punches me repeatedly that helps too.

78) There are two versions of what took place on our first kiss. Version 1: Leah came in for more than just a peck. Version 2: Kyle came in for more than just a peck. I know what really happened.

79) Leah told me that if I leave the toilet seat up one more time she was going to make me pee outside.

80) We've been to 18 states and 4 countries together.

81) I was attracted to Leah our first day of English class. She was really trying hard with her wet hair, dance team t-shirt and jeans. (she would look beautiful in anything)

82) I had a girlfriend at the time, so I tried to set Leah up with my best friend Chris, luckily that didn't work out.

83) One night when Leah and I were just friends. She decided to walk around campus by herself, very upset, at 2:00 in the morning. I covered the entire campus on foot in record time looking for her that night. When I found her, I found out that "walking around" meant doing laps in the hallway of her dorm... at least I got some exercise.

84) Our favorite indoor activities are: cook, eat, sleep, tv. Our favorite outdoor activities are: hiking, biking, frisbee golf, snowboarding.

85) I have taught Leah to: snowboard, throw a football, use a hammer, hang a picture... correctly, drive in the snow, water ski.

86) Leah has taught me to: clap to the beat of rap songs, swing dance, snorkel... trust me I was horrible, name Ballet maneuvers, appreciate Broadway shows, write letters, and put others before myself.

87) Leah basically talks a different language and most of the time I can translate for her. One time she said "that came out of ball park #4", meaning "that came out of left field".

88) Words Leah refused to say when we met: Mustard, Pus, Custard, Tinkle. She successfully says every one of those words now without cringing.

89) Leah and I were on a co-ed flag football team in college that consisted of half of the ASU Dance Team, the entire starting line up for the ASU Basketball team, and me. We were freakin awesome.

90) I think I paid more attention at the ASU Basketball games than Leah did, because every time without fail she picked me out of the crowd within 15 seconds of my arrival. On Leah's last basketball game, which was also during the peak of the "Got milk?" advertising campaign, I made a sign that said "Got Leah?" on one side and "I Do" on the other. I didn't realize till later that she might have thought I was proposing, but luckily that didn't cross her mind.

91) Leah has a chocolate soul. Luckily she brings musicality and creativity to the Guenther family, because Lord knows we need it.

92) On road trips, I drive and Leah uses Wikipedia on my blackberry to try and broaden our knowledge of the world around us. We pick a topic relevant to our travel and it helps us get the most out of our trips.

93) Leah's only made me sleep in the guest bedroom once... I deserved it.

94) Our arguments tend to be longer than they are for most people. Because we successfully cover the top 2 most stubborn people on the planet.

95) Both of our families kidded us that we were the adopted children.

96) There are a lot of similarities with our families. Leah is the middle child, and both her parents are middle children. I am the youngest child and both my parents are the youngest children. Both of our families have 2 girls and a boy. Both of our dads worked for IBM. Both of our moms were special ed teachers.

97) Our favorite candy is swedish fish & sour patch kids. About a month ago we found a sweet bargain at Walgreens, 2 for $5. We thought we were saving a ton of money so we always bought both bags... turns out we were saving 10 cents!

98) One time Leah was chasing me around the house with a squirt bottle and I still had my dress socks on. I lost my footing, slid into the refrigerator knees first, bruised my knee and dented the refrigerator.

99) Leah and I were practicing our wedding kiss one day and I got a little aggressive. I wrapped my leg around her, lost my balance (shocking I know) and my dress shoe landed on leahs bare foot leaving a bruise that is still evident 18 months later. I felt terrible.

100) Last but certainly not least, I'm totally out of things to say and I have no idea how Leah did 75. Hope you enjoyed it.

Oh and here is the pic of our countdown:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Kyle...lots I didn't know! Must look for that bruise on her foot next time I see her ~ and Happy Meals just run in the family I guess...heehee! Thanks for the smiles~

Mindy said...

Congrat Kyle you came close...those were great!

Tara said...

I enjoyed it thoroughly! Great job, Kyle!!!! Leah and I are more similar than I knew: happy meals are the way to go when you are sad, Jamie and I have long disagreements too because...well, I am one of the most stubborn people too, and there are 2 versions of our first kiss too! Loved learning more about you guys-Sure wish we were down there now hanging out! We'll reschedule soon!

Anonymous said...

good job kyle. you are a funny guy. you and leah are so sweet and have so much fun together.

Jenn & David said...

You both are such a special couple and we know you are so blessed that Lord has put you two together! Thanks for sharing these great facts! Miss seeing you but hope all is well! Love you!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails