Monday, May 5, 2014

39 weeks!

How Far Along: 39 weeks. My tummy is measuring right on track and doctor said if he had to take a guess he thinks baby is around 8 lbs right now.  Probably will be around same size as Emery was when she was born!

Total Weight Gain: Up around 36 lbs maybe? Haven't weighed myself so I'll update this later when I do.  Rings are still on and feel very blessed that I haven't had any swelling!

Gender: A Baby BOY!

Movement: Just the rolling feeling still and a couple harder kicks every now and then.  

What I miss: Jimmy Johns, Sushi, Caffeine, and Margaritas!

Sleep: Still sleeping great- waking up once or twice a night to go pee.  

Symptoms: Lots of Braxton Hicks when I do anything active.  Started walking again this week which feels great.

Cravings: Cheese, chips, ice cream, and candy!

Doctor Appointment: Heartbeat was 134 and sounded very strong.  Still 3cm dilated, but this time had changed to 70% effaced.  We decided to go ahead and strip my membranes which is just done during the cervix check.  It's a quick procedure where the uterus and amniotic sack are separated near the cervix by the doctors hand.  Hormones are released that sometimes have can start labor.  So far today I've have had lower abdominal cramping that's increased to contractions but nothing super regular or painful.  He said contractions are normal and there is about a 50% chance of them actually amounting to labor.  So we'll see!

Feeling: Feeling great and so ready for him to be here whenever he decides to come!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails