Thursday, October 25, 2007

Engagement Party in Raleigh!

Last weekend we made the haul to Raleigh for Lauren & Matt's engagement party! I took a sick day on Friday, since I wasn't feeling well all last week with migraines. (this week is Bridal Fashion week in NYC, so we were running around crazy trying to get everything ready and out in time). So needless to say we got out of ATL sooner than we had imagined, and even had time to stop in Charlotte to get our rings polished and cleaned!
Saturday we woke up and went for a LONG run, over 3 miles! I couldn't believe I actually ran that far (unfortunately it's nothing for Kyle!). It was a beautiful day, and we ended up getting to enjoy it! We went to Walmart and bought everything we needed to for out Halloween costumes (they are a suprise, you'll see what they are on our next post!). We then went over to G-ma and G-pa's to hang out with them. Grandpa is doing good, his hair has started to fall out from the chemo so he definitely has a new look! The treatments totally knock him out and make him nauseas, but he actually made it to church on Sunday so that was a definite improvement!

Pamela, Lauren and I back together again :)
Saturday night was Lauren's engagement party, "hosted" by all the bridesmaids. I honestly didn't know what to expect, since there had been some behind the scenes drama with costs for the party. All in all though we had a great time, and it was neat to put some faces to all the names I've heard from Lauren. I even got the chance to visit with Mr. DeLoach, which I really hadn't done in about 6 years... he barely recognized me, ha! I also got to introduce Kyle to some the old Bayleaf crew and catch up, so that was really fun too. We had hotdogs, hamburgers, potato salad, hummus and pitas, crackers and pimento cheese, cupcakes, and drinks. Lauren said it was exactly what she wanted, so that's all that matters!
Can't believe we both have rings on our fingers now!Here are half of the bridesmaids:On Sunday we went to church with the family, then came back and had a delicious lunch. Grandma bought steaks for each one of us (9 people), and we thoroughly enjoyed them! It's always so great to visit with family! The twins now reach for your face and pinch it!It's so neat to see how they actually know where you are in relation to themselves, recognize voices and make facial expressions when certain things are said... they are growing up so fast and couldn't be any cuter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails