This weekend Kyle and I spent here in town once again, which was nice since Kyle traveled last week for work. Friday we had 2 packages come in the mail, both of which Kyle bought on Steep & Cheap and just HAD to buy ;) After Ky & Chris went camping last weekend, Kyle wanted to get me all set up so I could go next time. He bought a really nice sleeping pad, as well as a new tent that is big enough for 3 (me, Ky & Tyson). I'm really excited to go!
Kyle setting it up:
Kyle & Tyson inside with the rain tarp (is that what it's called?) over it:
Friday night we went over to Kathleen's townhouse and got to meet all of her best friends from college that had driven down for the weekend. We both had heard so much about all of them, it was so great finally being able to put faces to the names. Kathleen and Chris cooked burgers for the 10 of us, which was a treat as well! After eating we all moved to the living room to have a guys vs. girls battle in cranium. The guys totally stomped us (after cheating many times) and they all had a ball rubbing it in our faces. Kate & Carson then taught all of us a version of "paper telephone", where you write a sentence, then pass it to the person to your right. They look at your sentence and have to draw a picture that describes it, then pass it to their right. The next person looks at the picture and has to write a sentence describing what it was and so on. It was hilarious, and the guys drawings and sentences were cracking us up.
Saturday was GORGEOUS weather finally here in Georgia, so we spent most of the day outside. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! We are sorry that we couldn't make it!!!) We met up with the crew we had hung out with at Kathleen's over at Piedmont Park and threw Frisbees, let Tyson run around, and played redneck horseshoes. One of Kathleen's friends, Ashley & her husband Paul, have a son named Charlie who is 18 months, so he was very entertaining to watch and play with as well! We all then split up to go get ready for Chris & Kathleen's engagement party that night at 7:00!
Chris works for a wholesale building company called Robert Bowden. The VP of sales for Robert Bowden hosted the engagement party at his house, and we were just blown away! Kyle and I have never been in a house so nice... it was definitely a multi-million dollar home! The party was held in their "basement" that also had a winery in the bottom! They had a nice fire pit outside as well, and the food was delicious! The engagement party couldn't have gone any better, and it was so nice to be able to visit with everyone who will be involved in their wedding in June.
Here is Kathleen & her mom in front of a beautiful floral arrangement:
Kyle, Kathleen, Chris & I:
Sunday Kyle and I headed to church then came home and made lunch. It was again a beautiful day outside, so we took our n-weds bible study lesson out to the battlefield, spread out a blanket and got it done outside! There were tons of people doing the same thing... everyone is so happy to have spring coming! I forgot my camera in the car, so this is a far away shot.
Sunday night we carpooled with Chris & Kathleen to n-weds bible study at 6:00. We grilled out hot dogs then had our lesson. THE CRAZIEST thing that happened was at the end we split up into 2 couples and prayed for each other. Kyle & I met with a couple, Danielle & Matt. After we finished praying we were just having small talk with each other about where we live, etc. We told them all about our townhouse and how we had put an offer on another house but we didn't get it, and Danielle said "yeah well we moved into our house around the same time". Not thinking anything of it, we asked them where their house was and all of a sudden Kyle kept saying directions to their house and they would say "yeah", "yeah".... and turns out Danielle & Matt were the ones that also put an offer on the house (with all the windows in the back... great neighborhood), and they beat our offer!!! We laughed for a while.... what a small world! Turns out Matt wrote a heart felt letter to the owner saying it was their first house, etc and that is why she chose them! So anyways we have plans to get together in the near future for dinner... but I just couldn't believe that!!
We leave for Colorado on Saturday (March 8th) morning, and we won't be back until Sunday March 16th! We will post a ton when we get back I'm sure! This picture was taken this week... just to show you guys what the Guenther's cabin is looking like right now in Colorado:
And yes this is a 2 story cabin... but you can't even see the first story! (the deck is on the 2nd story)
We are spending Sat-Wednesday in Telluride at Cuzzie's house to ski & snowboard. Then will drive to the Guenther's cabin and stay there Wednesday-Sunday. Hopefully the snow mobiles will help us make it to the cabin! We are definitely looking forward to it!
3 comments:
What a fun weekend! Thanks for the update and the pictures- We missed you at Mom's birthday dinner, but are so glad that you had such a wonderful weekend at home!
Love you!
Tara
PS. Loved the red and white shirt for the engagement party- You spotted it at the outlets and were so right that it would look so good for the Engagement Party!
Oh My! Look at all that snow! Brrrrr...Min
Hey!! thanks for the comment on our blog. I am new at this blogging stuff and I have no clue what I am doing. I didn't even know where to go to respond to your comment so thats why I am just posting on your last "blog". But yes we are excited about this coffee venture and can't wait to open up and have all of our friends, including yall, over! Hope your doing well, and I will sit down and read up on yalls life soon. by the way I am still on track to becoming a munk!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!