Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend at home

Kyle and I had a wonderful weekend spent here at home. This was the first weekend that we have been here in Marietta, and not spent the entire time working on/painting our house... and it was great! Friday night we went out in Buckhead to hear a band from Athens called Modern Skirts. They had 3 other bands perform before them, but they were by far the best. All the band members were very talented and traded instruments almost every song. We met Chris and a few other couples there and had a really good time!
Modern Skirts:
Chris, Kyle & I:
Saturday we went for a run, then went shopping! We finally found chairs for our kitchen table that were reasonably priced AND we also found a large piece of artwork to go over our desk in the office! So that is very exciting!
Kyle, Chris and Tyson left around 5:00 to drive about 45 minutes north to go camping for the night. They car camped (drive to a camp site & set up a tent) off of a forest service road in North Georgia that Chris found on a fly fishing website. There was a creek, a place to put a tent, and a fire pit. They hung out around the fire, ate Brunswick stew and went to sleep. The most challenging part was fitting Kyle, Chris & Tyson and 5 sleeping bags in a 2 man tent. Kyle put a sweatshirt on Tyson to keep him warm which worked UNTIL Tyson went to mark his territory! ha.
Today we spent lounging around the house, and getting organized. I finally got my PC working properly downstairs which I've been wanting to do for a while! We also have some very good news, we finally found a Japanese place that serves the kind of food that we like! It only took us a year, but we found it! We've figured out that we only like the Japanese restaurants that serve Ginger & Shrimp sauce. If they don't have those, then we don't like the food!
And whats on the agenda for tonight? Smores & watching the Academy Awards! (Our smores were so rich,--Kyle was in charge of the chocolate--we could only eat one each!)
Hope you all had relaxing weekends as well!

2 comments:

Tara said...

What a fun weekend! Please put a picture on your blog with your chairs and artwork- I can't wait to see it! Wish I was there to share your smores... But we'll have to do that when we come down to visit this summer... and try out that Japanese restaurant too!

Love you!
Tara

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah and Kyle,

This will be my sceond attempt to leave you a message. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! I come here early in the week, every week, to see what you have written, Leah. It's not quite, but almost as good as having you close by. We love you and miss you both. Have a great time in Colorado!!!!
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails