Monday, January 7, 2008

Around the house weekend


Since we both have head colds right now, Kyle and I stayed around the house most of the weekend. Kyle went to bed at 7:45 pm Friday night and woke up at 10:30 Saturday morning, SO he had some energy on Saturday. We took down Christmas, ran some errands and our last stop was Home Depot! Kyle traded in some little gifts that he had received and bought an air compressor and 2 nail guns! He is so excited, and ready to do more projects around the house now!
Compressor & nail guns:
Kyle put up his new stool so he can finally sit while he works down there!
We also got our new desk primed and painted, that is going in our office. We still have to get glass for the top of it, make the shelving for the other side, and put some feet on it, but it's coming along.
I organized the office closet to be my craft closet, taking it all out of the guest bedroom closet finally!
We then put shelves in the guest bedroom closet, so we could store some of our linens there. So when you come visit you'll actually have a place to store your clothes! YEAH!

Sunday night Kyle and I started the "n-weds biblestudy"! It stands for nearly & newly weds. We have been trying to make it for forever, and it finally worked out where Chris and Kathleen could go with us. There is an hour of fellowship and dinner, then an hour of talking/learning. We had such a great time, meeting a lot of great couples, and are so excited about getting involved with our church. It is every other Sunday night, so hopefully we'll be able to make most of them! Kathleen and I also signed up for a girls night next week within the church for all ladies in their 20's to learn organizational tips in our homes (one of the ladies who I really like from n-weds is teaching it).... right up my alley :) Anyways, a great way for Kyle and I to start off the new year!

2 comments:

TupeloLove said...

Leah! I am jealous of your "craft closet"! We need to have a scrapbook/stampin' up/crafty girly weekend sometime soon!

Tara said...

Leah and Kyle,

I am so proud of all that you accomplished around your house this weekend...and a little jealous too (not only of your sleep, but your productivity! with 2 little ones it just doesn't happen that much anymore!)

Also, we are so glad that you are going to the N=weds bible study. When we were at Richland Creek, that is what our Sunday school class was called "The Nearly Newlyweds!" How funny! I think you are going to have such a good time, with other couples your age who are going through the same life stuff as you! How cool!

Love you guys!
Tara

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails