Monday, August 25, 2008

Pillowcase Bags

So my latest sewing project was one I found on Martha Stewart, and it's a pillow case bag that ties over your shoulder. Kelly, the organizer of "the 20 somethings" at our church asked me a couple weeks ago if I would mind heading up these sewing gatherings since she's about to have a baby soon. I jumped at the chance to host everyone over at our house, planning the project and providing some refreshments. We had about 5 girls rsvp saying they were going to come, but only 2 showed up tonight, Lacey & Ellie.
Oh well, we still had a great time!

I lined it pretty!

Instead of lining it the normal way, I pulled the liner on the outside and did a zigzag stitch.

Lacey and I goofing off like normal. Tonight was Lacey's first night sewing and now she's hooked!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute Leah! Love the pink and what you did with the edges, getting so fancy. Sorry more girls didn't show up to enjoy the evening, but looks like the three of you had a good time. Gosh, I want to be 20 something again...

Lauren and Justin said...

well aren't you just the little domestic diva??

Tara said...

I love it, you Martha Stewart girl! Way to go,lining it so pretty and doing the zigzag stitch! It's as if you've been doing this forever!!!

Sorry more people didn't show up, but you three looked like you had a great time! If only I lived in GA, I would have come!!!

Sara said...

cute!

Mindy said...

How cute are those!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails