Sunday, January 3, 2010

Boonetown over New Years!

Last Thursday morning, Kyle and I headed up to Boone to celebrate our 3 year marriage anniversary and New Years! We were so excited to get up there and have some time to relax since the holidays were so busy. The power had been out from a bad ice storm there for a couple days, but by the time we made it up to the cabin the power was back on.
Picture to document our anniversary!
So when we got in town we rented Taking of Pelom 123 (with Denzel and John Travolta in it-- total guy movie) from the red box and got enough food to last us about a day. We didn't want to spend much time in the grocery store as we wanted to make sure we could make it up to the cabin before dusk. Luckily one of the cabins across the street from ours is a rental so now they are scraping our road (MAN that would have been nice when I was in college!). On one of the steep curves there was some pretty bad mud that we got stuck in, so we had to back down and try another route up. Needless to say I was very happy when we made it inside the cabin!

I had caught a pretty bad head cold from my family (THANKS NICK) when I was home, so the rest of the night we just laid around ate lots of chicken noodle soup.
Friday morning we woke up to no new snow but a little colder weather. We took showers and made a trip into town to get more movies and groceries. Luckily the mud had frozen, so we had no problem getting down or back up. I don't know the last time we've rented this many movies -- we got 500 days of summer, all about steve, and my sisters keeper (I wanted to see that b/c I read the book a while ago). Friday night we celebrated our anniversary with a delicious meal--Flank Steak and Twice Baked Potatoes!!
Literally my favorite food:
Saturday morning we woke up to fresh snow and 10 degree weather. Even though it was freezing out there, it was just so pretty! Tyson gets so spunky in cold weather, he was dragging sticks to us every second.
We took a walk around the neighborhood and even sledded! Tyson was absolutely hilarious as he would chase down/jump on whoever was on the sled until he stopped us completely. It made us laugh so hard.
I was very glad we didn't plan to drive anywhere on Saturday, as we were both unsure whether we could make it back up since everything was ice. We had considered going snowboarding this weekend, but after the freezing temperatures and holiday pricing we decided against it. To end the night we cooked Chicken Parmesan for dinner, YUM!

Sunday morning we woke up to the clock saying that it was 3 degrees outside!! I cleaned the cabin while Kyle worked on getting some of the pipes unfrozen, and then we headed down the icy roads to BLACK CAT! Our friends Molly and Marshal were in town skiing, so we met them for a quick bite. What a wonderful way to end this year. Can't believe 2009 is over, but we are just so excited about all the things 2010 has to bring!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Loved all your pictures from your time in Boone! So glad that you got to relax, eat good food, watch movies, and sled (without ever having to leave the cabin!)... So sorry that you caught the cold... Don't know if you got it from Nick, me or the kids... But we are sorry and love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what great pictures to document the freezing temps, your anniversary, and snow! Looks like you two definately made the best of it and had a great time! That meal looks awesome! Thanks for unfreezing the pipes and cleaning up the freezer. Love you and glad the cold is better now.

C. Deas ツ said...

Happy New Year Kids! That food looks quite tasssssssty...for some reason I was reminded of the birthday celebration at outback! ha, GOOD TIMES! Congrats on the Anniversary! Seems like forever ago!

Sara said...

i'm so glad that your quiet trip to boone was everything you wanted it to be!

Kristin said...

Aw looks fun! I'm glad you guys were able to get some time away for your anniversary :)

Cindy Lou said...

Beautiful Pictures! Happy Anniversary and I'm with you on the Twice Baked Potatoes. Quite possibly, one of the perfect foods.

Mindy said...

I love the first 3 pictures: No Tyson, going, gone!

Happy Anniversary!

Bonnie Widmaier said...

what a great trip.... and i love your new header. happy new year!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails