
Christmas morning we had a wonderful time watching the kids enjoy all their presents and seeing everyones reactions to their gifts. We had drawn names this year, so Kyle had my dad and I had Nick. Nick actually had Kyle and definitely won the award for most creative!! It was a tissue box filled with one dollar bills and on each bill was a sticky note with a word on it from Nick. It said stuff like "dear... kyle... you... are... the... best... brother... (y'all get the point and of course it was hilarious). At the end Kyle had pulled out $60, for a Christmas present and his birthday present from Nick. It was so funny.
Kyle and I gave Grandma a photo album filled with all the pictures from Grandpa's slide show, his wake and funeral. Also I made an envelope and glued it in the back of one of the albums to hold the dvd that I burned of everything. She loved it-- we sure all missed having Grandpa around on Christmas.
Of course while we were opening presents we had to have MONKEY BREAD!!
Tara had drawn my name and she worked with dad for my present! He had actually bought it for me off of Ebay in May of 2008 and then forgot about it! WELL he found it a couple weeks ago and Tara knew it was so perfect for me she bought it from dad. I couldn't love it anymore. Can you figure out what it is??
Stumped yet? It's actually a wooden G used in letterpress printing. It's black from being saturated in ink for so long and we think because of it's size that it was used for banners. It just couldn't be any more "ME" and I absolutely love it! I think I've finally found what I'm going to start collecting!We had a wonderful Christmas and hope you did too!
1 comments:
A great recap of a wonderful time!!! Love you bunches!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!