Friday, August 8, 2014

Dancing Princesses Camp for Em!

At the beginning of the summer,  I was so excited to find a "Dancing Princesses" camp being offered by a nearby dance studio!  Since Emery doesn't attend preschool I wasn't sure how she would handle being away from me for 3 hours, but when I read the theme of the week I knew she would be just fine :)  She was SO excited when it was finally time for her camp!!
Turns out there were only 3 girls total enrolled in the camp, and one day she had both teachers all to herself as the other girls couldn't make it!  They learned a princess dance, did gymnastics, had snack time, colored and made different crafts everyday.... talk about everything Emery likes to do :)  I took pictures of her everyday before she went in... the poses are all her doing!


Look at this crown they made one day (she wanted Will in the picture b/c she missed him!):
On Friday, they performed a little dance for the parents so Kyle and I both went and watched.  She did so well the first little bit and then got distracted with her wand and played with that for a little bit while the other girls danced HAHA.  But then she picks it back up at the end. 
Here is the whole video:
Afterwards we went to lunch with Kyle at Chick-Fil-A (her fav) and split a milkshake to celebrate her amazing dance performance :) She was so proud of herself.
While Emery was in class all week I was able to get a ton of freelance projects finished and we managed to paint our master bedroom (finally!).  It's amazing how much you can get done with only a baby in the house, ha! So proud of our girl though and thankful how much she loved going to camp!

4 comments:

Linda said...

So proud of Emery! I see dancing in her future for sure, (just like her mommy)! The wand was just a tad distracting...haha! What a beautiful princess she is! Can't wait to watch performances in person! Love that little sweetie!

Grandma said...

I think Emery did amazingly well after just one week of dance camp. That was a long dance to learn in that short time. She looked like a little princess too! So glad you recorded it!

Big EZ said...

You must feed Emery cute pills every morning. She gets cuter every time we see her.

Lynsey said...

She is so cute! What a fun little dance camp for girls. I wish we had something like that around here. And you are right, it's amazing how much you can get done when the toddlers aren't home.

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails