
(A huge thank you to Sara for editing this photo that I took of Will this month.. I looooove it!)
On July 6th, our big boy turned 2 months old! He has given us a ton of smiles this month and we are loving watching him grow and interact more on a daily basis with us. It's already so crazy to imagine our family without him-- he's the perfect addition! Here are his stats from the doctor this month:
2 Month Checkup
Weight: 14 lb 6 oz (90%)
Height: 24 inches (75%)
Head Circumference: 90%
SLEEP!
Little man is such an awesome napper during the day. He can max stay awake for 1 hr 20 min and then falls asleep until the next feeding in the 3 hr schedule. Most mornings he's waking up around 7 or 7:30 and doing his 3 hour schedule from there. He is still waking up once in the night around 3:30 or 4, nursing and going straight back down. (Consistently doing 7 hr stretch than 3 hr stretch). I honestly don't mind waking up in the night with him since he just nurses and goes right back to sleep. No fighting us or wanting to have any wake time, thank heavens! Right now schedule is: 7 am, 10, 1, 4, 7, 10, 3. He spits out paci as soon as he falls asleep which is SO nice!
He began startling more when Emery would make louder noises so I started putting him down for his naps upstairs in his cradle in our room. We also started swaddling him more this month as he loves it and definitely naps better. I do love that he can fall asleep either way, though. At night this entire month he slept in our room in the rock-n-play or cradle.
When it is more quiet (i.e. sissy not stomping around singing at the top of her lungs) he takes great naps in the swing (not moving) or bouncy seat since they cuddle him so much.
We used this blanket that Jeneane made for him, all the time! The holes in it gave me comfort that there is air flow and it keeps him at the perfect temperature!
I am still soaking in these newborn snuggles when I can too. He normally naps on me during the afternoon nap when Emery is sleeping (and I of course nap with him too)!
EATING!
He is still on a 3 hour schedule and eating like a champ. It's so hard to know when nursing full time but I think he's probably getting around 3-4 ounces every feeding. He was super gassy and his grunts/groans were starting to wake him up so I talked to the Pediatrician about it as I didn't want to be feeding him gas drops constantly. She suggested probiotics and man has it made such a difference!! Sara recommended FloraBaby and so we've been giving him that everyday. His gas comes out so easily and really doesn't have to push out his poopies anymore. The only hard part is that the FloraBaby is a powder which means we have to give him a bottle of breast milk everyday. Thankfully, I am pumping every morning so we just take an ounce of that and give it to him around dinner time in between one of his feedings. It totally eliminates that fussy bewitching hour... WOO HOO.
PERSONALITY!
We are blessed with a happy little guy who LOVES to smile at us. Around 7 weeks he started smiling anytime we look or talk to him. 8 weeks started the flirty smile where he would make eye contact with us and then get shy and look away with a smile.
- He is still incredibly loved by his big sister and she can always make him smile!
- Invested in a double stroller this month, so once it cools down we will be walking more!
- He loves the Boba and it has helped me get dinner on the table many nights! Oh man do I look tired in this next pic :)- He LOVES bath time as long as the water is warm. If it's too cold he does not enjoy it. He splashes around like crazy and doesn't care when water gets in his eyes (so different than his sissy!).
- He only poops every 1.5 or 2 days. Doesn't seem to bother him though and nice for us to not have to change lots of poopy diapers!
- He does not enjoy tummy time and spits up every time he puts pressure on his belly. One day he'll get a stronger neck :)
Okay that's everything I wrote in my notes on my phone, so here are some pictures to end the post!
And lastly a video of his cute expressions. He loves it when you say "hey" to him and instantly gives us smiles :)
LOVE our Chill Will!
















1 comments:
He's just too adorable.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!