1) Snuza (or Levana powered by Snuza)
After a dear friend lost her beautiful 3 month old baby girl to SIDS (following all the rules of laying her on her back and no blanket, etc), I have been overly cautious with Will. Truthfully, that's part of the reason for the first 2 months of his life he napped on me or in the same room where Emery and I were.... just so scary to even think about. Now, he has the Snuza clipped to his diaper every time he sleeps. The snuza monitors his breathing and if there is no movement after 15 seconds it will vibrate to wake him up. If no movement is detected after 5 more seconds an alarm will sound. I like this a lot better than the angel care mat that we used with Emery, as no matter where he is napping he can have it on and if he rolls it doesn't matter since it's clipped to his diaper.
2) Wubbanub
Once again a must in our fam. Our kiddos love the paci!
3) Probiotic
As I've mentioned in our monthly posts, Will had horrible gas and I did not want to pump him full of gas drops every feeding. Probiotics help with health in general but have really helped his uncomfortable groans and need to push out gas and poop. Plus giving him a bottle of breastmilk around dinner time with the probiotic in it has totally eliminated the fussy period that he would have. It's natural for a woman's milk supply to go down in the afternoon so it makes complete sense to give him a couple more ounces then in between feedings.
4) Video Monitor
Our old Summer video monitor absolutely died so we have switched to Motorola and it's awesome. You can hook up to 4 cameras to it and I love that you can talk to the kiddos from it.
5) Rock n Play
These didn't exist when Emery was a baby but man are they awesome since they are inclined and cuddle baby. I've heard they can cause flat heads in babies so just make sure to not put your baby in it too much!
6) Playmat
One of my Mom's best friends sent us a huge quilt/playmat for Will and we seriously use it everyday. It's so nice to have a dedicated blanket just for him.
7) Breastmilk storage bags & pump
Most insurance companies provide a breastpump for free or a discount these days. I was excited to get a new Medela one from our insurance completely free. Nice!
And these don't need any explanation:
8) Swing/ Bouncy Seat9) Hang down Toys
10) Boppy Pillow
11) Swaddle Blanket
12) Absorbant burp cloths





3 comments:
So glad you have discovered all of these products to enhance life with a growing baby. None of them were available when I had my babies, of course, but thank goodness times have changed. Looking forward to your next post! Love you all so much.
Wonderful products for Mommies! Hopefully others will take your recommendations...wish I had some of these when you were a baby!
I am sharing this with my friend that is about to be a new Mommy in 3 weeks! Thanks, Leah!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!