Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New job!

Hey guys, just wanted to share the wonderful news, I was offered a job with the ABC yesterday! I sent out my resume & portfolio site to about 8 companies a couple weeks ago. The next day I received an email from Aspen asking if I had time for a phone interview. That Friday, the morning of Lauren's bridesmaid luncheon I sat out in my car trying to get a signal on my cell phone and had my phone interview. The next Friday (last friday) I went into their office for a second interview with my portfolio, where I got to meet everyone and see the office. Then I got a phone call yesterday offering me the position! So that was the process!

TABC, actually has 2 brands:
KA and BA.
Both companies are wholesale favor and gifts companies for different occasions. Where I work now, GM, we actually work with KA and have some of their favors in our shop. It is a great transition from companies for me. So what will I be doing? This is my job description:
The Graphic Designer is responsible for redesign and creation of websites and print collateral as well as helping to develop the skills of more junior graphic designers. Our company, The ABC, designs and manufactures favors for all life events including bridal and baby favors and gifts. We have been in business since 2004 and we have about 60 employees in our Norcross office. We offer our employees a wonderful culture, interesting work, competitive pay and benefits. In return, we seek talented, creative, hardworking people with positive attitudes and willing personalitites. We'd love to have such people join our team!

So yes this whole interview was for a Graphic Designer level. Turns out that the senior designer who just left had 20 years of experience... and I have 4! (a little intimidating). Talking to Donna, my future boss who is the Marketing Director, decided to give me the title of "Graphic Designer" and let me earn the title of Sr. over the next year. There will be a junior level graphic designer underneath me, which will be great having experience managing another person but also having someone else there to bounce ideas off of! The pay is unbelievably better, I'll have more vacation time, and better benefits.... YEAH! I am giving my 2 weeks notice tomorrow to GM.

Every job search Kyle and I have both gone through, God has provided in such an unbelievable way and we are so blessed. Thank you all so much for your prayers, that's what did it!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations, Leah! We are so proud of you!

The Schreibman Family said...

Oh Leah this is fantastic! I am so excited for you and god has definitely been on your side!. It sounded like your current situation was less than desirable.

MAZEL TOV! We think about you and your family often!

Beth Anne said...

Congratulations!! It sounds like a wonderful opportunity!

TupeloLove said...

Yay! That's so exciting, congratulations, Leah!

Mindy said...

CONGRATS Leah!

Mama Cass said...

That is just great Leah! I am so excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I'm so proud of you and happy that this opportunity has come forth for you. You will be so successful!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails