Monday, October 27, 2008

Joey Jog & NC State Fair!

We had SUCH a great weekend, spent in NC! After sitting in Atlanta for over an hour and only going 3 miles... we finally made it to Charlotte, NC to stay the night with newly engaged Molly & Marshal! We hadn't seen them since their engagement so we had to celebrate with something we all dearly love... Ice cream sundaes! We of course stayed up talking until around 1:30 am then finally made ourselves head to bed. Thank you guys so much for letting us stay with you!

Kyle and I woke up around 6:30 since we had to head to Chapel Hill, NC for the Joey Jog. Joey, who died at the age of 2 from Acute Liver Failure, was celebrated and remembered on Saturday which would have been her 4th birthday. The Joey Jog was a 5k going through some neighborhoods around the UNC campus. To start off her uncle Bill read her eulogy and played a beautiful video of pictures of Joey. (For all of you that don't know, Joey was Sara's cousins daughter). Over the past two years, they've raised over $60,000 for the American Liver Foundation.
Sara & I:
All the runners: (everyone else mainly walked!)
It rained almost the whole time we were running, which felt SO good, but by the end we were soaking wet! Nick and Kerry met us there to run, which was SO nice of both of them! It was great to see Sara & be a part of such an awesome day!

We then headed to Kerry's house to see the whole Guenther family. Kyle's parents move out next week into their new house that they've been building. We got a chance to walk through it... so pretty! THEN we headed to the fair!!

Kerry, Brad, Rachel, Kyle and I walked into the fair and immediately went straight to the infamous corn stand! I've been growing up going to this stand for years and I look so forward to it!
Rachel, Brad and I posing "corny":
We then went to the water shooting games. Kyle and I have had a bet going for a little while now about who could beat who... AND he won of course! We picked out an Elmo that we gave to the twins!
I was so excited that Rachel enjoyed going on rides! Usually I can't go on any b/c Kyle gets sick on them! Our favorite one to go on was "Freak Out" which spins around and swings up and down in the air. It was very fun! There were no lines which was so nice! (We also went on the Gravitron... which is totally a Baker tradition!)
Freak Out deserved a jump shot:
Kyle did go on a couple rides with me this time though, I was so proud! We first went on the Himalaya... Kyle had fun making silly faces into the camera every time we came around.
Pretending we're getting sick:
He then dragged me on this one:
I was so scared b/c we just kept going higher and higher and there is no sign when you are just going to drop straight down! Luckily we both made it through and had fun doing it together!

Our next stop was for more food including: bloomin' onion, pizza, chicken pita, caramel apple, root beer float, ribbon fries and of course the NC State Ice Cream to finish the night off. It was all so delicious... look at the precious couple who always serves us the root beer float:
Kyle's favorite ribbon fries with cheese:
There is a fireworks show everynight, and it was awesome! We had so much fun and can't wait to go back again next year! There truly is just no place like the NC State Fair!!
Sunday morning we had a great breakfast with the Guenthers/Cresses and got a chance to catch up with everyone. We headed to meet my family to eat around 1:00 at Briar Creek. It was so nice of them to drive and meet us half way! Jamie had to stay home with the twins so we didn't get to see them this time, but thanksgiving we will!
Great to see you all! What a fun weekend!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Loved the recap of the fair! What funny pictures that truly captured each moment! And I must say that I am a bit jealous: I think you ate more food than we did! And we didn't get the root beer floats either!!!!

The twins love Elmo and carry him around everywhere. They have been kissing and hugging him today, and love to point out his eyes and mouth:) Thank you for thinking of us during your water gun game! We love our Elmo!

Love you guys bunches- See you at Thanskgiving!

Sara said...

I didn't know you had driven in from Charlotte that morning... no wonder you said you needed a nap!! Thanks for coming, wish we had more time to talk. Sometime soon! Love you guys.

Mindy said...

I WANT TO GO TO THE FAIR!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jumping picture was AWESOME!! looks like you guys had a great time. wish we were there.

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails