Sunday, May 22, 2011

Strawberry Pie Recipe!

I feel so southern making strawberry pie in the summertime in Georgia!  This recipe comes from my sister and is so easy to make and absolutely delicious.  Kyle doesn't even like strawberries so I ate the whole pie ALL. BY.  MYSELF. last week!  Yup I admitted it... diet starts tomorrow.  So without further ado:

Ingredients:
  • Graham cracker crust
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 ½ cups chopped strawberries
  • 3 Tbps. cornstarch
  • 3 oz. package of strawberry jello
Directions:
  1. Cook water, sugar, and cornstarch on the stove top. Stir quickly to make sure you get rid of all the lumps. Remove from heat as soon as the consistency is like that of pudding.
  2. Add jello and strawberries, and stir well.
  3. Pour into pie crust.
  4. Chill until set.
  5. Top with Cool Whip and garnish with strawberry slices.

8 comments:

Derek and Amanda said...

My Mom makes this pie! She actually made it just last Friday! It is a great pie! How can somebody NOT like strawberries...man, I think I would have eaten it all too. haha! :)

Allison said...

I just made this last week too! I have a more diet friendly recipe, so you can keep eating it. It's just sugar free vanilla pudding and sugar free strawberry jello, and water. I posted the full recipe on my blog: http://mattandallisonkelly.blogspot.com/2011/05/fresh-strawberry-pie.html

the girl in the red shoes said...

Yum! That looks amazing! And I love that you at it all by yourself...that is totally something I would do too!

Holly said...

Yum...strawberry picking just started up here in MD...so this will be on my list to make when I get out to pick some! Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

This looks amazing and super easy! Just printed out and excited to make! Thanks for sharing :)

Tara said...

I told you it was good! I have been guilty of eating the majority of the pie as well :) So glad you enjoyed it!

TupeloLove said...

Drool. I've GOT to make this! And we're going strawberry picking this weekend, so I fully intend to eat an entire strawberry pie all by myself, too!!

Holly said...

Just made two of these for the second year in a row. My hubby has been asking about it since last year! :) Best recipe ever!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails