The past couple months Kyle and I have cried with so many of our friends who are being pushed to their limits emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
We've gone to two funerals, and wished we lived closer to
Raleigh to attend 2 more. We've prayed constantly for strength and
healing for our friends. We've done what we can to be supportive by
dropping off personalized baskets, cooking meals, baking muffins and
mailing cards to friends and neighbors...and still we feel helpless...
like there is nothing we can do or say to take all their pain away.
When we attended Maggie's funeral (click here to read their story), Ginny Owen's song "If you want me to" was playing as we found our seats. I've always loved this song, and in particular love these two lyrics:
"But you never said it would be easy, you only said I'd never go alone"
"So if all of these trials bring me closer to you, then I will go through the fire if you want me to"
"If you want me to" by Ginny Owens
One thing that really hit home with Kyle and I at Maggie's funeral was when the pastor
said "It's okay to mourn. It's human. But never mourn like you have no hope".
I just finished reading "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo. If you haven't read it, I strongly recommend doing so! What comfort heaven gives us, knowing that our loved ones are happy, and are excited for the day when we'll be reunited there. THAT is what gives me hope.
To all of our friends going through these trials, we love you and are continuing to pray for you every day.

8 comments:
You are a good friend. Praying for all those who are dealing with grief! But you are so right: Praise the Lord that we can mourn with hope. Love you!
Beautifully expressed Leah. I remember watching Ginny Owens, being blind and led out to her piano, singing those precious words. Life is hard and filled with heartache. Even Jesus wept at the loss of his beloved friend Lazarus. But we can't mourn like those who have no hope. Our hope is in Jesus, who died that this life would not be the end for those of us who know and love Him. What a glorious future...heaven! A perfect place with no pain, no disease, no evil, no darkness. The place where Maggie is and her parents will one day be. "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." I am so proud of you for supporting, in any way you can, those who mourn.
I will join in praying for these families. How sad! I just read Maggie's story and it reminds me how blessed I am with four healthy children. No one deserves pain like that. God bless them and all the other families suffering so greatly right now.
Heaven Is For Real is a great book. I really enjoyed reading it. I will be praying for all of these families! You are a wonderful friend to them.
my heart has been heavy for friends here lately too. i love that song! such a good reminder for us. i will need to put that book on my reading list.
Thank you Leah, we are so fortunate to have you guys praying for us and supporting us. It makes a difference to us and what we're going through. Love you.
so sorry for your loss Leah. Thankful that we do have hope in our Lord and Savior!
Love that song and that book!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!