I wanted to keep up with our favorite products for 3-6 months like I did here for 0-3 months. So in no particular order here they are!
1) Video Monitor!! Kyle and I started out with a monitor that focused on the breathing of the baby. It had a mat that we put under her mattress and an alarm would go off if there was no movement picked up within 30 seconds. It was nice to not have to worry as much about SIDS but it was just audio and sometimes the alarm would go off for no reason. We ended up returning it and buying a Summer Video Monitor and WE LOVE IT. I can't believe we didn't go with this one from the start. If you have any doubt if the baby is breathing you can just look and SEE their little chests going up and down. It's been amazing to be able to "see" her but not have to be in the room. I 100% would say BUY A VIDEO MONITOR!
2) Terry cloth bibs. Kyle and I were so frustrated how Emery's spit up would just run off most bibs and burp cloths. These terry cloth bibs soak up the spit up and save our outfits from getting soaked!
2) Terry cloth bibs. Kyle and I were so frustrated how Emery's spit up would just run off most bibs and burp cloths. These terry cloth bibs soak up the spit up and save our outfits from getting soaked!
3) Teethers that have movable parts. Emery's favorite toy is an apple that has circular parts in the middle. She bites on the outside and spins the inside with her fingers. Too cute!
4) Breast Pump. This was a complete necessity for me! With Emery being so routine oriented, I did not want to have to nurse her while we were out to dinner or in the middle of some kind of event. This gave us the flexibility to feed her a bottle and either pump beforehand or when I got home. Not to mention going back to work this is a MUST!
5) Pacifier Clips. Once Emery could put the Paci back in her mouth on her own it was essential to have paci clips so she could always reach it. Love these!
6) Humidifier. When Emery caught her first cold I could tell such a huge difference in how stuffy her nose was by whether I ran the humidifier that night or not. On top of that it's an awesome sound machine and helps block out the noises from downstairs while she's sleeping!
7) Jump a Roo/ Excersaucer. Our friend Brooke let us borrow hers and Emery just loves it. It's so neat to watch her barely move her arms, to grabbing everything, to now jumping and grabbing.
8) Doorway Jump Up. This is another Brooke item! We used it as a swing most of the time but she really enjoyed flipping herself around to follow us when we were walking. If she was ever being fussy at night, this is what she loved doing!
9) Bumbo. This definitely helps them learn some core strength! Once Emery got the hang of sitting up though she was always an escape artist in this thing -- flinging herself backwards to where her head was almost touching the table!
10) High Chair. I'm so thankful we registered for one of these! Emery just LOVES sitting in it and it's such a life saver so I can actually cook and eat dinner without holding her! She will sit and play with her toys on that tray for a good 30 minutes no complaining!
11) Food Processor. I really am enjoying making Emery's baby food, knowing that everything that's gone into her mouth has had no preservatives in it! Having some kind of food processor is a must for us though as one time I did not get the food fine enough and Emery gagged multiple times trying to swallow it! I will say that we have the magic bullet and I've been a little disappointed. I think I should have done more research to buy a food processor that will really get the food pureed and will last for a long time!
I can't think of any more at the moment, well maybe our Stroller/Carseat Travel System, Pack n Play, Boppy Pillow -- but those are pretty obvious. Okay that's it for 3-6!










5 comments:
Great recommendations!! I'll def. have to look back at these.
love you list. you will be so happy you documented all these things. when garret was a baby he spit up all the time too. i ended up using terry cloth dish towels as burp clothes. not as pretty but worked so much better :) you do what works
So glad you posted this! I should look for the doorway jumper. I dont know that I have registered for one of those. That would be great to contain the baby and keep him or her happy while I am doing some things. Hmmm...I think I have everything else (or at least registered for it). I like the idea of pumping so that nursing doesnt get in the way of getting out and doing things. I am 100% with ya on that one! Derek and i are so busy and I want other people to able to feed the baby too!
Hi! I had a quick question for you. I am pregnant and due with my first in January and have loved following along with your first few months at home with Emery! I am also planning to make our own baby food and have registered for a food processor. Do you use the Baby Bullet? If so, do you feel that it is a better option than an actual food processor? Thanks for any advice, I appreciate it! You are one of the only mommy bloggers I have found that makes their own baby food!
Thanks!
aliciasarantis@gmail.com
Some of your products have been around a long time...tried and true since you were little (Johnny Jump Up, breast pump). I love all the improvements and modernization for sure. What a helpful list for other mommies and how nice to have so many wonderful products available to help with the awesome task of being a mommy!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!