Friday, August 9, 2013

Poison Ivy

Want to get out of picking weeds for at least the rest of the year?
I thought I would be a sweet wife and pick weeds outside for Kyle since he's been traveling almost every week and didn't have time to do it himself.  Unfortunately, I must have picked poison ivy or poison oak and it spread ALL over my body... my arms, legs, stomach and hip!  The worst part was an infection formed over some of the parts that were oozing so I had to be on 2 weeks of steroids, antibiotics and an antibiotic topical cream.  Even with all that it took about 3 weeks to go completely away... NO FUN!

I did want to share what my doctor recommended to me if I ever got poison ivy again.  It's a fairly new product called Zanfel.  It's not cheap but it really does help dry up the area and heal the rash quickly.  So the only positive thing out of this is that Kyle has willingly let me out of yard work duty for a while -- ha!

3 comments:

Big EZ said...

We felt so bad for you as your ivy continued to spread, but even then you were a joy to be around as you came all the way to Wake Forest and helped us with our move. You were so sweet to help us when you felt so bad! I'm sorry that you had such a bad case but are very happy that you are fully over it!

Linda said...

Worst case I had ever seen, yet no complaints from you! Amazing. So glad it is a distant memory!

Drea said...

oh i feel for you... ive had poison ivy 3 times this year already and calebs had it twice :) - best thing i use is hot water and calamine lotion. drys up within 2 weeks or so... it sure is a pain. mine has gotten so bad it left scars :( - hope yours heal fast!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails