26) Unfortunately I had to do a lot of "all nighters" during school, staying up doing all my graphic design projects before we had a critique on them the next day. One night Kyle said he would stay at my apartment, help me stay awake and help me on the project. Needless to say I woke Kyle up around 7:00 am, when I had just finished my project so he could go ahead and head to work. He never offered to help me again... ha. (This is Raven in the pic).
27) Neither one of us are good at basketball... here is an example... no one will ever pass to us.
28) Kyle taught me how to snowboard our sophomore year of college, and now it's one of our favorite things to do together. But it was a VERY long night at Appalachian Ski mountain learning. I cried 17 times (Kyle kept count). Also, my toe edge caught one time when I actually had some speed behind me, and I flung myself face forward into the snow then rolled/flipped/did cartwheels for a good 50 feet down the hill. Kyle thought I had a concussion, until I looked up at him, motioned him over with my hands, and started crying. Again sweet sweet man for sticking with me.29) I remember being SHOCKED that Kyle would pay for my meals when we went out on dates. This picture was taken on our 1 year anniversary, before we went to a nice dinner in downtown Raleigh, which Kyle paid for!

30) Kyle and I love John Mayer, especially in his concerts. We've gone to 2 of them and still get amazed by his incredible talent as a guitar player and singer. Our first concert we drove down to Charlotte for the night from Boone, and then drove back up after the concert was over. Long night but TOTALLY worth it.

31) Kyle played on the ASU Ice Hockey Team his freshman year, and continued with it until he graduated. Unfortunately there was not a big enough ice rink in Boone, so they had to schedule late night practices in the closest rink late at night. So down to Charlotte they drove with practice going from 11:30 pm till 1 am, then they would drive back up the same night. Crazy is the only word to explain it.
32) Kyle made it to every Dance Ensemble performance.... 5 years! He knew the rule how you never said "break a leg" and you ALWAYS bring flowers... no matter what.
34) We broke up for a little bit our junior year of college... longest month & a half ever. When we started dating again, we knew it would be for forever.35) Kyle got an internship in Germany the summer after our junior year. I made him a count down book with pictures of us on each page and one of our favorite quotes. He loved it.

36) For my 21st birthday present, my parents gave me their frequent flyer miles for me to go over and visit Kyle in Germany for a week. We had SUCH a fun time! I had my first beer there!

37) One of our favorite memories from our Germany trip was when we traveled to Austria. We must have misunderstood the Pizza man by what he qualified as "one piece" of pizza. Between the two of us we pretty much had 2 whole pizzas... instead of 2 slices. It was hilarious and everyone in that restaurant looked at us like we were such fatties.
38) Kyle also took me out to a restaurant in Munich that rotates 360 degrees while you eat. It was really cool.
39) Okay last story from Germany. We took the "Sound of Music Tour" and laughed the entire time because we were the only Americans on the entire tour. We pretended to take a picture of ourselves, but aimed it a little higher so everyone could see who was on our tour.
40) Kyle was given a boat from a good family friend, Craig, for $1. Every time we took it out we had problems, no matter what and always had to get towed back to shore. Kyle ended up selling it for $1,500 and we used it as part of our down payment for our house!41) Kyle and I always took long walks around campus, and would stop at "our bench" right in the park entering App State. They later replaced our bench with a gazebo.
42) Although we didn't know each other for prom, we did get to go to a debutante ball (my first potluck roomate at App was a debutante) and dress up for that.
43) One Halloween we thought it would be fun to pose like our pumpkin that we had carved. No matter what this picture always brings a smile to our face.
44) Kyle and I not only worked together as Telemarketers, but we also worked together for a man named Ben Logan. Kyle & Ben flipped houses and put in new HVAC systems. I came along afterwards and helped paint the new homes.
45) Everyone always told me to date someone like your dad. WELL I ended up dating someone exactly like my brother. Kyle & Nick get along so well, and really enjoy each other's company and that means the world to me. (This picture was taken on a family vacation in Cabo, Mexico. They would both run from these HUGE waves that splashed onto the rocks).

46) Kyle graduated in 4 years right on time and was offered a job working for Newell Rubbermaid. After his interviews he was told there was only a job opening in Florida, so we were preparing to do long distance. When he got his acceptance letter it said Charlotte, NC.
47) Kyle & I did long distance my last year in school (since I took 5 years), but we still managed to see each other every weekend.
48) I went on a work trip with Kyle down to Charleston, SC. We ate wonderful meals and had a great time walking around downtown Charleston. I thought FOR SURE Kyle was going to propose then.... but no!
7 comments:
Loved all these "fun facts" too! And keep including the pics- They make the facts so fun! (Love the one of you all and the Pumpkin- Hilarious!)
This is so awesome, Leah!! I'm on pins & needles waiting for the nest installment :) I can't lie, I'm going to steal this for our 100th post but we don't have near the amount of pictures you do!
I LOVE IT!!!! You are so good at documenting everything! I wish I had your skills. Keep them coming!
Loved it! (I was wondering if #34 was going to make it. You silly silly little boy Kyle Guenther :-)) I hope #26 is not an indication how night with babies is going to be!
Chocolate Tall cake is our favorite stop copying us....
you are doing such a great job with this...love reading your blogs.
The 100 fun facts idea is great! I haven't checked your blog in forever. I definitely don't miss those days of staying up all night for design projects! I'm at work and busted out laughing when I saw the pumpkin picture. Priceless. Glad you guys are doing well! =)
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!