Sunday, June 15, 2008

Trip to California

This is Kyle writing. This is a little late but I always say "better late than never". I went to California a couple weeks ago to train Home Depot Associates about our fans and while I was there I was able to spend some time with my uncle, Dave, and his family. I met Dave at a state park specifically dedicated for dirt bikes and ATV's. We spent the afternoon riding through the hills of California. We had a blast and man was I impressed by what Uncle Dave can do on a dirt bike!
After that I headed to Pleasanton to meet my cousins Drew & Kevin for dinner and had some California BBQ. It was great catching up with them, since we don't see eachother often, but when we do we really enjoy spending time together. Kevin and Drew both headed back to school and I headed back to Dave & Kathy's house to spend the night. I got to catch up with my Aunt Kathy and cousin Lauren, and soaked my sore muscles from dirt biking in their hot tub. The next morning I headed to San Jose for another training, but conveniently the house my grandparents used to live in was only 2 miles from the store where I was giving the training. I stopped by to take a look at the house where I've heard stories of my grandfather (Pop) getting the party started after work by jumping into the pool from the roof!
From there I headed up to Santa Clara where Kevin gave me a tour of Santa Clara University. We had dinner and killed some time while I waited for my red-eye flight home. Always great to see the Bayly family, I wish we could do it more often!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails