Kyle had lasik this past Friday morning, and it was quite the experience! (I took this picture right before we left!) We arrived at the TLC office around 7:40 am, and watched about 3 other people have the surgery before him! He had his eyes checked one last time, then the numbing drops were put in! They gave him a Valium to help "calm down" some so he wouldn't be as jumpy during the surgery. Before we knew it he was in surgery (I was able to watch the whole thing through a window in one of the walls, and then watch the tv to see all the detailed eye work.) It truly is a crazy surgery with the laser doing almost the entire thing... cutting the flap and then lasering the cornea. He said he could smell the laser burning his eyes though..yuck! When the doctor finished both eyes they had Kyle stand up and read the clock from across the room... Which he did with no problem! (Yeah!)Then we sat in a darker room for about 15 minutes (he had to keep his eyes closed the whole time), and that's when the numbing drops started wearing off and his eyes started to hurt...pretty bad. They put some more numbing drops in and encouraged him to go right to bed as soon as we got home. Which we did, after stopping at Chick-fil-A for a chocolate milkshake and some chicken minis!
He has to sleep for the next week in these sexy goggles, haha! He woke up from his nap that day feeling great, and being able to see everything clearly. It's so crazy how instantaneous the results were! We took it very easy the rest of the day, but it couldn't have gone better!!! Praise the Lord!
OH and since Kyle was going to need to sleep all day Friday after the surgery, I finally convinced him it was a good idea for curtains in our room :) (I hate light in the mornings it always wakes me up!) I found a pack from World Market that has the big grommets that I love for only $25 total! Because of the molding above the window we actually had to mount it higher than the window... but some how it makes our ceilings look really tall! They don't go all the way to the ground either, which I'm happy about since we have cats and all it would do is collect a lot of hair!
4 comments:
Yeah Ky!
PS In the blog world I think the Nester calls those window mis-treatments. Love them!
So glad that everything went well... and I do agree, those goggles are pretty sexy.
Love the curtains too!
Yay Kyle... I'm also amazed at the turnaround time. My mom's was not quite that fast of a recovery.
don't you LOVE world market? every time i'm in there i just want to move in! i'm glad to hear kyle's lasik went so well, i would love to do it someday! i would think the expense would make up for buying all those contacts and glasses over the years, and i'm so bad without mine.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!