Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Randomness through the week!

Anybody recognize these glasses? These are what the eye doctor gives you after you have an eye exam when you have to go out in the sun. The reason Kyle had an eye exam is because he just went in for his lasik consultation on Monday and is approved for surgery this Friday! Many of you have been so observant and noticed that he's been wearing glasses for the past couple weeks, that was all in preparation for the exam & surgery! I'll go with him to the doctor for surgery Friday morning, and the surgery should last only 20 minutes! I'll drive him home and then he has to sleep for the rest of the day (they give him sleeping pills!). When he wakes up Saturday he'll be able to see clearly with no contacts or glasses on... WOO HOO!!!

For more doctor news, last Friday I finally headed to the gastroenterologist to figure out my stomach. If you know ANYTHING about me, you know I've always had stomach problems that's why I'm not embarrassed to say this on the blog. I was diagnosed with IBS, given some daily medicine to take and encouraged to go on a diet of just veggies and fiber (I didn't like ANY of the foods on his sheet... great). In all honesty, I was hoping for a cure but that wasn't a possibility :/

Last night I had movie night with my girlfriends from work, Lacey, Andrea and Jen. We went and saw "He's Just Not That Into You", which we all were so excited to see b/c of all the celebrities in it! It was really cute and we all thoroughly enjoyed it!

6 comments:

Amanda Septien said...

leah! i can totally understand stomach problems. it's a daily struggle to deal with my stomach and i finally went to the doctor this past may and found out (after an endoscopy) that I have celiac disease! crazy. i can't eat any wheat barley or rye. So no BREAD! Everything has bread!!! My life got turned upside down that day! So... I feel ya :)

Tara said...

Yay for Kyle!!!! I am so excited that you will be able to have the surgery on Fri and be able to see so clearly on Sat. We will be praying!

And, Leah, I'm so glad that they diagnosed your stomach issues. Maybe if you eat what they want for a little while and take the medicine, you can get back to eating normal soon... Praying for you too!

Glad you had a fun girl's night! We want to go see that movie too! Maybe this weekend- Love ya!

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for Kyle on Friday...wow, no glasses or contacts??? He won't know what to do! Hope the meds help the tummy~
Love you!

Sara said...

Good luck Friday Kyle! And even though it's not great news for you stomach Leah, maybe it's a step in the right direction. I don't know how you stay awake for movies on a week night! Hah.

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness, I want to have Lasik so bad, but I'm SO SCARED!!! Let me know how it goes, we'll be praying for Kyle.

The Schreibman Family said...

I am sooo jealous of Kyle. I have tried to get the surgery twice but was denied due to lack of technology :) My eyes are that bad, of course...but the new technology is out and I am pregnant....so no LASIK until after the little man arrives. I can't wait to hear how it goes! Good Luck Kyle!

Leah... feel free to email me. I have IBS and Chron's and have dealt with it since I was 13. I am unmedicated too which is quite rare! I feel your pain... in more than one way :) Hugs.

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails