We're approved!!! Wyoming here we come!
Kyle and I have so much going on right now and I promise to update soon, BUT I wanted to share with you the best news of all that we just heard about tonight!! We've been talking about taking a trip out west to go backpacking for a while now, and we finally are going to do it! A couple weeks ago we turned in our "planned route" we would take to hike the Teton Crest Trail in Grand Teton National Park (in Wyoming). It's the second largest mountain in the state, having an elevation ranging from 10,000 to 13,000 feet! We just heard back from the park and our trip is approved!! We were assigned to all the campsites that we were hoping for except one, which still might be available the day of, we'll just have to see!
Kyle waited till I came home to open the envelope... here we are SO pumped:

We will start August 22, and hike 5 days on the trail. The views are amazing, and the wild life is abundant. SO here are the places we'll be staying: 1st night- Granite Middle/S. Fork (hoping to change to Marion Lake though), 2nd night-Alaska Basin, 3rd night-Cascade North Fork, and 4th night-Holly Lake. Here are some pictures from those places, so you can see what we are talking about!


I'm sure we'll write more about it later. We are going to be taking it relatively easy only hiking up to 8 miles a day, but at that altitude I'm sure it will be very difficult! OH and one thing to leave you with..... BEARS... yes bears!!! (click on the picture to read what it says).
We are so excited to experience this together!
12 comments:
How cool. When I was little we went to Glacier National Park for a while one summer. We carried bells with us because that was supposed to keep bears away since they would hear you coming and not attack out of fear. I have no idea if that's true or just an old wive's tale.
I am so excited for you guys!! Squeeeeee!! That's for you, Leah!!
oooh, that sounds like fun! I had no idea you had to get approval for something like that, but congrats!! :)
How awesome!! At first I thought this was going to say you guys were moving to Wyoming..whew! I'm sure you will have a BLAST!!
Yay! It is going to be so awesome. Those are some high quality memories you guys will always cherish.
I am so impressed! I can barely walk up a flight of stairs these days without getting out of breath....So envious. This will be such an amazing trip. Those views are breathtaking!
Wow, what a neat trip! You guys are going to make some great memories! I can't wait to see your pictures and hear your stories...and I'll start praying right now that you do not see bears!
SICK!!!!!! I am so Jealous! I already can't wait for pictures.
Exciting! I showed this to Tyler and he was instantly jealous, haha!
You will love it, I know it! Make sure you go to Dornan's Moose Chuck wagon for breakfast AND dinner. I loved that place! And get ready for lots of large wild life...
obv very baller, im very jealous, etc etc
leah, this might sound crazy since i've never technically met you, but i feel like i do since i read you and tara's blogs... i think it's so cool that you and kyle do things like this! i always admire people that try to live their lives and make things happen when they can rather than putting it off until "someday." matt and i try to be like that too, and i know sometimes it's not easy. i hope you guys have a fabulous trip, it sounds awesome!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!