Jen's Shower and Date Night!
On Saturday afternoon I went to a wedding shower for my good friend from work, Jen! She's getting married June 27th and her colors are tiffany blue and hot pink! Her cake at the shower looked just like a tiffany's box, how cute!!
A bunch of other work girls came as well! (Me, Christina, Amanda, Laura, Jen, Gina, Andrea, and my boss Donna!)
Andrea, Amanda, Christina and Gina!
They made us play a hilarious game where they passed out paper plates and pencils and we had to put the plate on our head and draw Jen in her wedding dress. Obviously all of ours just looked like chicken scratch! Here is Jen trying to decide who won the contest!
I LOVED the favors from this shower! Cute little keychains monogrammed with all of our names!
After the shower I came home and picked up Kyle then we went to go get Lacey and drop her off at the airport. She left yesterday to fly over to Italy and France with a trip from some of her fellow alum from high school!
Kyle and I then headed for our date night. Kyle had planned the entire night first starting off at the Atlanta Fish Market, a local restaurant that everyone said we HAD to go to. It was very cool inside since he had made reservations we got to skip ahead the LONG line and get a table!
Kyle actually chose this restaurant because he is so thoughtful. He knew how much I was craving Clam Chowder last weekend when I went to Boston. But since we never went to a real "Boston" restaurant, it didn't happen. SO that was the first thing he ordered for me here and it was DELICIOUS!
We actually just had appetizers here and then left since he had booked dinner and a movie at Fork and Screen in Buckhead!
It's a movie theater with waiters who you can order meals from! We ended up getting a milkshake, candy and chips since we were so full from the Fish Market! We saw "Taken" which was VERY good, but soooo suspenseful. We had a great date night, and I'm thrilled that we've started dedicating at least 1 night a month to completely surprise each other with fun outtings and explore Atlanta! I dropped off Kyle this morning for Vegas where he will be all week, so I'm grateful for our night together!
This past week I also got the chance to skype with Sara... look at this belly, does it not look like a basketball is under that shirt?!
We also got to go to an ACC game with Chris and Kathleen on Thursday night (Chris got free tickets for us from work!) We watched the State vs. Maryland game and unfortunately Maryland one... Sara I was rooting for State!!
4 comments:
it was a sad game, but very cool that you were there... and HOLY MOLY that is a big round belly! :) i love love love that you're taking advantage of all atlanta has to offer while you're on your date nights. that is awesome.
Love you jacket/coat thingy.
Okay, so much to say about this post...
1. I love the Tiffany box cake and favors. What a fun idea!
2. I'm with Mindy- So glad that we got those coats years ago! It still looks good on you!
3. Love that you and Kyle are doing such fun dates! What a fun night together!
4. So jealous that you got to see an ACC game, even though Maryland won.
Love ya lots!
Tara
state vs maryland? just cheer that the building collapses i guess
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!