Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hibernation

That's right we are calling this weekend Hibernation... because we accomplished nothing but sleeping :)

Friday night we both came home from work, watched a couple of our dvr'd shows and went to bed around 10:00. We woke up Saturday morning around 10:30 (that is 12.5 hours) to rain outside which made us want to do nothing but watch more tv. Around 1:00 we finally got dressed and went shopping to REI. Our goal this weekend was to buy a pack for me for our trip in August... and we did it! I was fitted for a pack, and after trying on a couple picked out which one I thought would be the lightest and most comfortable... an Osprey! I am so excited about this one... woo hoo!

It has a suspension system that helps distribute the weight and since it's mesh it keeps a constant air flow going to my back!
After shopping we came home, cooked some dinner (had sloppy joes for the first time!) then decided to go to the $1.75 theater down the road. I think it's so cool and I couldn't wait to bring Kyle there. I found out it's only $0.75 on tuesdays, what a deal! Anyways we went and saw Revolutionary Road with Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio. We both knew it was really sad and depressing before hand, so maybe that's why we thought it was good?! Their acting was unreal, but it's a very sad story and we spent the whole ride home talking about what we can do to never get in those situations in our marriage :) haha THEN we went to bed that's right again at 10:30.

We had been planning on skipping church and going hiking, since it was going to be the first sunny day in a while AND since Kyle had a group project meeting at 1:30 so we wouldn't have been able to go in the afternoon. Well we didn't set an alarm because we always wake up at 9:00 at the latest. Turns out we didn't wake up until 11:30... which is a grande total so far of 25.5 hours. Kyle woke up feeling very sick (we think it's sinus' but not sure) and I had a pretty sore throat so we ate some chicken noodle soup and then he was off to his group meeting. I was feeling pretty tired still so guess what I did? Went back to bed for 2.5 more hours! So I slept a total of 28 hours this weekend!!! He came home from his group meeting, and we went to our Newlyweds Biblestudy. We had a great time like always, and there was such a big crowd this time-- 34 people!

After newlyweds we decided to try out our Orikaso fold flat table wear that we had ordered a couple weeks ago!
This will be great to bring with us as well... I have a pink set and Kyle ordered an orange one. It comes with:
A MUG
A PLATE:
okay here is the finished plate... AFTER he read the directions:
and A BOWL:
And that was our boring but relaxing weekend. We were supposed to go to Boone but since it was going to rain there the whole time we decided to just stay here. It was a nice break from traveling though for sure!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, sounds like a great weekend to me!

Love all your camping gear- And you look so skinny in that sideways one!!!!

Love ya'll!

Sara said...

So glad you got to do something that you guys never have time for! Rest!

Mindy said...

Makes me want to take a nap!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails