This weekend was one filled with 2 special celebrations. Last Thursday, my grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary--though the festivities didn't start for it until Saturday. My whole family celebrated by fellowship and eating LOTS of good food-- monkey bread for breakfast and then a prime rib roast for dinner! Mom had a wonderful wedding cake made by a friend for g-ma & g-pa... it's beautiful!
As a gift, I took one of the pictures I had taken of them on the cruise and altered it- taking out the background and putting in the verses from 1 Corinthians 13. Tara framed it, and then we are all going to sign around the frame!
We also all went in to get Grandma a beautiful John Hardy pendant that has diamonds in it, since diamonds are the official gift for the 60th anniversary.
Happy 60th Grandma and Grandpa! Kyle and I are so sorry that we couldn't make it, but it sounds and looks like you had a wonderful day regardless! 60 years of marriage is so special, and we admire you two for everything you have gone through together to get to where you are today.The other celebration this past weekend was my mom's birthday! They celebrated by going out to Olive Garden on Sunday afternoon, and Nick was able to go as a surprise which made mom's night! I wish we could have been there Mom, love you- happy birthday!
So what did I do this weekend, when I wasn't in Raleigh for all the celebrations and Kyle was in Steamboat, CO for a bachelor party? Not much! Friday night I went out for ice cream and then to the $1.75 movie theater with Lacey to see Twilight again (yes we are addicted and so ready for new moon to come out). We had a great time having a low key night, since it was pouring rain outside anyway! Saturday I proceeded to do about 10 loads of laundry-- from the week before and clothes Lacey gave me! Lacey went through all her clothes in her closet last week and ended up giving me 2 trash bags worth of things to try on, that she thought might fit me that don't fit her anymore. Shockingly only 5 shirts out of both bags didn't fit, the rest are perfect and it's like I just went on a shopping spree! There were even dresses in there that fit me! It was so nice of her to give them all to me-- thank you Lacey!! I washed them all and ironed a ton!
Tyson and I made a trip out to the battlefield even though it was raining, I felt bad since that entire week he hadn't gotten exercise. We came back soaking wet, and both took a shower since he was beginning to smell. Saturday night we watched a movie and went to bed (yes he does watch tv with me :). This is one of our favorite positions:
Sunday morning I woke up to SNOW falling! We actually got a ton of snow, but towards the afternoon it started to get very windy and blow it all away. They were some huge flakes though:
Kyle's flight was canceled b/c of the snow, so he ended up getting a flight into Greenville, SC and rented a car to drive home. I spent all day inside, watching the snow fall and then watching Anne of Green Gables marathon. Man does anyone else loves those movies like I do? Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert, Gill with his "Anne I'm surry", and Anne with her over dramatic love talk. It was a perfect movie to be on with snow outside :) Newlyweds was canceled, and Kyle ended up getting in so late from SC because there was ice on the road. But he's home safe and sound now, and we'll post an update soon of his trip out west.
So what did I do this weekend, when I wasn't in Raleigh for all the celebrations and Kyle was in Steamboat, CO for a bachelor party? Not much! Friday night I went out for ice cream and then to the $1.75 movie theater with Lacey to see Twilight again (yes we are addicted and so ready for new moon to come out). We had a great time having a low key night, since it was pouring rain outside anyway! Saturday I proceeded to do about 10 loads of laundry-- from the week before and clothes Lacey gave me! Lacey went through all her clothes in her closet last week and ended up giving me 2 trash bags worth of things to try on, that she thought might fit me that don't fit her anymore. Shockingly only 5 shirts out of both bags didn't fit, the rest are perfect and it's like I just went on a shopping spree! There were even dresses in there that fit me! It was so nice of her to give them all to me-- thank you Lacey!! I washed them all and ironed a ton!
Tyson and I made a trip out to the battlefield even though it was raining, I felt bad since that entire week he hadn't gotten exercise. We came back soaking wet, and both took a shower since he was beginning to smell. Saturday night we watched a movie and went to bed (yes he does watch tv with me :). This is one of our favorite positions:
Sunday morning I woke up to SNOW falling! We actually got a ton of snow, but towards the afternoon it started to get very windy and blow it all away. They were some huge flakes though:
Kyle's flight was canceled b/c of the snow, so he ended up getting a flight into Greenville, SC and rented a car to drive home. I spent all day inside, watching the snow fall and then watching Anne of Green Gables marathon. Man does anyone else loves those movies like I do? Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert, Gill with his "Anne I'm surry", and Anne with her over dramatic love talk. It was a perfect movie to be on with snow outside :) Newlyweds was canceled, and Kyle ended up getting in so late from SC because there was ice on the road. But he's home safe and sound now, and we'll post an update soon of his trip out west.
4 comments:
mmmm sounds like a wonderful relaxing weekend. good job on the photo! and i'm glad you finally got some snow down there. :)
Sounds like you had a great weekend!! And how awesome that you got all those clothes! Jackpot! Can't wait to see you this weekend!
We missed you at all of our celebrations last weekend, but are so glad that you had a good time with all your new clothes and your movie marathon! I love Anne of Green Gables too!
OH man!!! I want to watch Anne of Green Gables right now!!! So cozy to have watched it on a snowy day :-) Love it!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!