Last weekend was the girls turn... Molly's Bachelorette Party first starting in Boston, moving to Connecticut, then ending in New York! We had a wonderful time, and it absolutely flew by!Kyle actually had a free plane ticket that I was able to use for my trip, but unfortunately the only ticket we could get had a stop in Chicago and started my trip at 8:30 am, not arriving to Boston till 4:40! I had a crisis in Chicago as I tried to turn on my phone after we landed and it would not do so--whatsoever. It said that I needed to plug it into a computer to run an update on the software, which was a little difficult since I did not bring mine at all.
I literally had to tell myself to not have a breakdown in the airport as I:
1) did not have a watch (why do I need one when my phone has one on it?) so I was afraid to leave my gate the whole time that I was going to miss my flight out of Chicago to Boston
2) did not have the name of the hotel that I needed to take a cab to in Boston (duh it was in my email on my phone!)
3) did not have the number of Jennie who I was meeting in the Boston airport to take the cab to the hotel that I didn't know the name of (you guessed it... in my contacts in my phone)
4) tried using a payphone to get to Kyle who could check all this in my email and ended up reaching a Spanish lady (this was pretty hard for me since I'm a germ freak)
5) tried using a strangers computer to run the update but still no luck on my phone
So I'm sitting in the airport pouting just looking at my iphone screen and then all of a sudden it STARTED TO RING!!! I realized that I could accept calls, just not make them-- which was better then nothing! It was actually one of the bridesmaids who called me and I asked her to get Kyle to call me-- which then lead to him calling the apple IT customer service man and getting him to call me! It was an absolute mess, but by the time I was flying out to Boston my phone was fixed!! Kyle saved the day!
I finally arrived in Boston, met Jennie and we were on our way to our Hotel-- the Park Plaza. It was absolutely beautiful inside and by 5:00 all 12 of us were there and checked in. The Melting Pot, which is Molly's favorite restaurant was actually located IN the hotel so we went there for dinner and had a wonderful time. Having reservations for a comedy show at 7:30 we had to rush our meal a little, only having cheese and chocolate... but those are the parts everyone wanted anyway! It was absolutely delicious!

Some of the girls brought cute decorations, glow in the dark rings for all of our hands, and a really cute shirt for Molly to wear.
We walked a couple blocks to Sheer Madness, a hilarious comedy/improv show based out of a hair salon. It was kind of a murder mystery that involved the audience and we all had a great being in the front row!
The actors even included Marshal's name in the act, and we got to take a group picture with them all on the set at the end.
The last stop was a bar/club/lounge where we spent the rest of the night (3 am to be exact). There were huge couches where we all talked and got to know one another. We did get some dancing in as there was a live band playing, which was really fun.
What would be a Bachelorette Party without a tiara and a boa?
Sunday we all woke up, checked out and went to a nearby Bakery for lunch before getting in the cars for our drive to Conneticut.
We stopped for a detour at University of Connecticut, which was where Molly & Marshal first met. Here is their mascot... named Jonathan.
It was neat to see their dorms and walk around the campus to stretch our legs for a little bit. Jennie T. bought a UCONN magnet for me to secretly put on Jenny's car (Marsh's sister who went to PITT) ... it was a funny joke running the whole weekend.
Saturday night we arrived at Mandy's house (Molly's best friend and matron of honor) in CT. We had some wonderful pizza and hilarious conversation... all of which I am NOT going to explain haha. We had a surprise lingerie shower for Molly, and she had to guess who's gift was from who. Every time she got it wrong she had to put the piece of lingerie on!
It was a very funny night, but since we had gotten no sleep the night before we headed to bed a little earlier!Sunday morning we all woke up and got ready for the shower that we were hosting for Molly at The Putnam House. Mandy did such great planning for this event and the food was absolutely delicious. I designed the invitation for it, and ordered the favors for the table from KA!

Two of Molly's friends from UCONN presented her with candles and a poem that went with them. It was beautiful and made all of us get teary eyed! Kelly, Molly's sister, also played a slideshow of pics she had pulled together which was really fun to watch!
Halfway through the shower I got a phone call saying that my flight out of White Plains, NY to Chicago was canceled.... great. By this time I'm very tired, all packed and had really important meetings on Monday that I could not miss. So fighting back tears in my eyes I got another flight with a partner airline just a little later. BUT this is where the drama starts.Molly & Mandy dropped 3 of us off at White Plains Airport which is a VERY VERY small airport out of NY. Never ever ever will I take a plane out of this airport again. I get to the airport, go to the US Air desk and she sees my flight that I have booked but said I have not paid for it yet. So then I have to go over to American Airlines and that lady didn't even see that I had a flight booked! So she prints me out a new pass and told me to go to US Air again. SO I walk myself over to the US Air desk, and the lady said that the American Airlines ticket was not right so she had to print me out a new one. I mean REALLY?!
I then finally get a ticket and am about to go through security and there is a lady standing there and she told us (Danielle and I) that since it's such a small airport we could not go through security until our flight had been called. Well I wasn't leaving for another 2 hours so we went upstairs and talked more and grabbed a bite to eat. I was getting antsy and nervous about my flight so we headed downstairs and I finally heard them call my flight number. I went through security and as I'm waiting for my bags to get through the scanner I hear "last boarding call" for my flight. I immediately panic and start running to the right, since that's where the security man told me to go. I hear over the intercom "maam turn around we are back here". I turn around and see 200 people in the waiting room staring at me, and see the terminal I'm supposed to be going to (there is only 2 terminals... that's how small this place is-- a little different then ATL!). I give her my ticket and she radios to a man outside that I (the last one!) was on my way. I then thought I would be walking down a tunnel to the airplane. Uhhh no. I walked outside and onto the runway. This is my plane that I saw, and yes the man took my carryon luggage and put it underneath the plane.
I step inside and immediately counted the heads... totalling up to 34. That's right 34. Someone was in my seat so I sat infront of them and realized I was in the exit row. I was so scared of this little little plane that I instantly memorized my responsibilities as the exit row commander. The right propeller was directly oustide my window so I spent the next 45 minutes of my flight waiting for a bird to come and get chopped into 10,000 pieces and make our entire flight go down. I racked my brain making sure that the last thing I said to Kyle was that I loved him. I promise I didn't breathe the entire flight.No electronics were allowed on during it, so I couldn't drown out the loud (woo...woo...woo) noise outside my window. You know when you are on a flight and the plane hits a rough patch and your stomach flips a little? It did this the entire time. The lady sitting next to me said she had taken one of these flights before when she was pregnant, and she threw up the entire time. No joke people this was the most terrible flight I've ever been on. Unbelievably I made it to Philedelphia safely and then got back to ATL around 10:45. I am thankful that I am home from a very fun weekend, but most importantly I am so grateful to be alive!!





9 comments:
You and Kyle sure know how to travel! Ya'll had some crazy stories! I am glad that you are alive too!
Just finished reading both of your posts. After all the trouble, I am so glad you both made the trip there and back and are now home safe and sound.
All in all, they sounded like awesome trips for both of you. Love you both.
Grandma
Glad you had fun! Our honeymoon flight was also a 20-30 seater which we boarded from the ground outside... but it was totally smooth, we didn't feel at thing! I laughed at you running the wrong way and having people staring at you. And I bet if a bird had died in the propeller, you would have had a funeral for him. :) Nick could sing Amazing Grace over the phone for you. Hehehe.
LEAH!!! I had no idea you had such travel issues! I wish you would have told me, I feel terrible. I'm so sorry it was such a bad experience. And I can't believe both you AND Kyle had such insane travel drama from both of our weekends!!
I have LOTS to make up to you... ;-) But I am so glad you came and I hope it was somewhat worth it!
This totally isn't funny to you yet, I can tell...but I am laughing because I would have been as much of a wreck as you! I'm not even sure I would have gotten on that little plane at all. And the phone thing in the beginning...I would have had FREE service by the time I was through with the situation. You poor thing!
Other than the awful plane ride (I am pretty sure I would have passed out, so I have gained a lot of respect for you :) ), it looks like you had an amazing weekend! You guys know how to do it up, how fun!!
wow. what a shower! I cant wait to see pics of the wedding. i am sure it is going to be amazing. sorry about your travel troubles. we fly out of a super small airport like that where you have to walk outside to get on and off the plane. first time was scary, not so much any more. hope you have a great weekend.
Leah, I am laughing so hard I'm crying! You have become quite the writer since starting your blog and I just kept envisioning you in the ticket line, through security, walking out to the plane and finally looking out your window at the propellar...guess you are having to really be a grown up girl now traveling on your own!! Love you and so glad you and Kyle had awesome times with great friends in anticipation of the upcoming wedding, AND, that you both got there and back safe and sound!!!
Ok. I . think. I. just. peed. a. little! First I am SO SORRY, and second that is HYSTERICAL! I promise not all flights out of White Plains are like that (we flew out of there in Jan when we went up to NY.). I can't even imagine not having my cell phone(working), besides my home number I don't think I know any other numbers!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!