Normally Kyle and I split the weekends between spending time with both of our families, so we never have time to visit with friends. Since I was in town an entire week though it was perfect to get to see everyone!
On our way to Raleigh we stopped by Molly and Marshal's house to finally see Molly's baby bump and let them meet Emery! (They have a sweet little BOY due in September!) It was also Molly's 30th birthday which was so fun to give her a present in person and spend a couple hours catching up with them! Oh we have missed you guys!
We enjoyed some long overdue girl time while the hubby's went out to pick up our dinner! I wish I had taken a picture of Molly's little tummy... SO cute!
And the guys had to get a pic with Em too. Every time we would look over at Marshal he would be staring down at Emery in his arms saying "I love you". Just so sweet!
And they snapped one of our family:
And they snapped one of our family: My next stop was to finally see my best friend Sara and her baby boy, Ben! Emery and I spent close to 5 hours over there and I just loved that time catching up and hanging out in person again! Ben was born on April 4th, weighing 8 lbs 8 oz and was 22 inches long. He is such a sweet baby, and slept the entire time I was over there!
When I was leaving we decided to get a couple of quick shots of Ben & Emery. I had literally JUST fed Emery so she was wide awake happy as a clam, and unfortunately it was Ben's time to eat so he was NOT happy having a photo shoot. Oh my goodness we laughed so hard trying to get these pictures. Poor Ben, we'll redo another time when you aren't starving!! It was so neat for me to see the difference between a one month and two month old. Emery looks like she could just eat him with her round face and chubby cheeks! Thank you so much Sara for letting us come over, I absolutely loved my time with you!Emery is saying "Why are you screaming in my ear Ben?"
Emery loves the clicking sound that cameras make right now, we've learned so she'll look right at you-- YESS!
Our good family friends, the Carters, stopped by one night to meet Emery too! Mr. Carter was actually eating breakfast with my family the morning that Kyle and I announced that we were pregnant! He was so good and kept our little secret from everyone until we announced it to the world!
I also had time to hang out with some of my best friends from college, Whitney and Lauren! We all went through the graphic design department there (Becky we missed you!), and spent MANY nights together in the art building finishing up projects. We managed to always laugh about our exhaustion and I have some of the best memories because of them. I love these girls!This was our last picture together in January at my baby shower:
Whitney and Lauren both have baby fever for sure!
So cute, thanks again y'all for coming by!! Next time we'll let Scott, Patrick and Kyle in on the action too!
On our way back from Raleigh we stopped in Shelby to see my best friend Lauren and her husband Matt! I was crossing my fingers that Lauren would go into labor early so we could meet her little one, but no such luck! Lauren is due May 7th (this Saturday) and she is so ready and prepared! The nursery is just gorgeous and we had so much fun catching up with you two, our time went by too fast.
Aunt Lauren and Uncle Matt:
I had to capture one last belly shot of Lauren!











12 comments:
Ka-baam. Wowzers. It's a good thing I still feel super hot because I darn sure look extremely round and scary. Ha. but who cares? Def not me. Thanks for entertaining me with the post this morning and yeah, get back with me about the baby bottle thing when we were old enough to remember it. We were so weird.
love it! so glad you spent the day with us! thanks for giving ben an excuse to be screaming, haha.
i'm happy you saw all those friends in one trip!!!
What a fun recap of all the friends you saw!!! The ones of Ben & Emery crack me up, and of course Lauren's pics do too! You have such fun friends!
PS. Sorry that the pic of you from my house with Lauren & Whitney is blurry! I don't know what happened!
I'm so glad you got to show Emery off to all of your friends. Such exciting times for everyone. I enjoy following along!
You packed alot into your week of coming and going to be with us here in Raleigh, and I'm so glad you got pictures of all your sweet time with friends! I love the captions under the pictures with Emery and Ben...soooo funny! And Lauren, she always keeps us entertained. Cannot wait to share grandmotherhood with Jane! Love you!
Love the picture of you, Molly, and Emery! It's so great that Emery will have lots of little friends to play with one day! And Leah I'm really loving the little outfit Emery is wearing in the pictures with Ben...she is ADORABLE!
Leeeaaaaah! I miss you already. I loved our time together, even though it was short! We always appreciate any time we can all get together.
Oh, and when I am a week from my due date, I am totally posing for pics like Lauren did. Rock it, Girl!!
I'm just a random reader who happens to love your blog......but I'm from the same hometown as your college friend Lauren! We even went to the same high school in Charleston. What a small world!!!
You have the sweetest husband and the most adorable baby.
Loved, Loved, Loved seeing you last week! So glad you had such a wonderful time with your family. I know they miss you terribly! And I am so glad you were able to see L along the way too. You both are just so precious!
I totally remember when you and Lauren pretended to be babies and drink from bottles! Lauren may have her hands full if her girl has her personality. Emery is precious! :)
What a great visit! It is so nice to catch up with old friends!
PS Did you and Sara plan Emery & Ben matching? They sure look cute!
So glad you got to pack in so many fun visits during your trip!! Loved the recap of all the friends you saw and it's so exciting that Emery will have so many friends to play with soon!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!