Two weekends ago we headed up to Boone, our first time being up there with just Emery! It was so relaxing and exactly what we needed. The weather was in the 60's every morning when we woke up, and we loved swinging on the porch when the rain showers came every afternoon.Saturday, Emery and Kyle had some daddy-daughter time at the grocery store & coffee shop while I slept in. What a treat! I woke up to them making muffins for our breakfast! We saved half of the batch and dropped them off to our neighbor up there, who's husband just passed away from cancer.
Emery has been giving Kyle THE BIGGEST smiles lately... a total daddy's girl already:
Went to Ky's favorite Mexican restaurant in Boone, Black Cat. Emery loved it too!
We're goign to try to take swing pictures every time we go up there:
Sunday morning we headed to campus to take pictures in front of the Appalachian sign in our App gear that we bought on Saturday. More of those to come on Wednesday! We brought a picnic lunch to eat in the Gazebo, where Kyle proposed to me a little over 5 years ago!
And had to document our newest addition in the gazebo!








11 comments:
Cute pictures! I miss Boone so much. We took Mason when he was 2 months old and took pictures in front of the sign. Can't wait to go back up this fall!
What a fun weekend! Love all your gazebo pictures!
our first trip to the mountains with only ethan is still one of my fondest memories. things were so easy and simple. things get crazy from here on out. i think you will always cherish these early trips when emery is young!! :)
so cute, looks like a blast. I interviewed for a job at ASU in '06 and loved Boone, it was so pretty!
What a fun weekend! I love all of your ASU pictures- SO cute!!
What a fun trip! I love the gazebo photos!
Mountaineer in training...you can never start too young! So happy you got to get away as a family, and I KNOW Susan must have appreciated the muffins. Very sweet pictures!
Oh what a fun weekend! So glad you had such a great time. There is no place like the cabin for relaxin!
Now you have me craving Black Cat since I got to try it 1 time. You all look great in your ASU gear. I need to get some new GSU gear so we can wear it when we play each other.
cute pictures.
Yeah! How much fun! Loved the pictures. We're heading to boone next week for the first time, any must do's?
*my word verification is ovulator???? hilarious!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!