I love Pinterest. If you are not familiar with it:
Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and share their favorite recipes.
It can be totally addicting so I only let myself browse & pin from my phone when I'm feeding Emery. I love all the creative ideas, DIY projects, home decorating inspirations, organizational tips, recipes and more that I've found through it. However, if all I do is pin things and never actually follow through with any of them it would be a complete waste of time.
SO I'm challenging myself to complete at least 2 Pinterest items a month! Hopefully I'll be able to do WAY more then that, but since I've been struggling to find the time to even blog, we'll keep it at 2! :)
So here is the first recipe I've tried... Delicious and SO easy!
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken in Crock Pot
Ingredients:
4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts (can even use frozen if you want!)
1 Bottle Archer Farms Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce (from Target)
1 20 oz. can Pineapple Chunks, drained
Directions:
Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray for an easy cleanup! Place frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot and cover with sauce. Empty can of drained pineapple chunks on top. Cook on High for 2-3 hours or Low for 4-6 hours. Shred chicken with two forks while still in the crock pot so the chicken will be well coated with sauce. Serve over rice.

8 comments:
we tried that recipe a few weeks ago and loved it!
I tried that recipe a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it for the whole week! I added broccoli and brown rice as sides and it tasted like a healthier alternative to Chinese takeout :)
i've pinned that same recipe and am dying to try it...just need the husband home so i can.
i love the idea of the challenge. i should probably do the same and set a minimum of things to do per month. thanks for the idea.
I made this too! It was so yummy!
This looks yummy! I'm going to pin this and try it soon!
Oh you are so right! I've met the challenge this month and think its a great idea. My "secret" is to share my pins with my boys and then THEY motivate me to make/do it. This month we made the chocolate/peanut butter dessert for Hottie and Jayden made the marshmallow catapult and cape!
yeah, so glad you are doing this too. now i need to get to posting the things i have done too :) i have this recipe pinned as well. MUST try it.
So I saw this recipe you pinned last night in my Reader...and I cooked it tonight for Luke and I! It was a huge hit...and you're right, it couldn't have been easier! Hope your family is well! I love reading the blog!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!