You read that right, Emery danced in her first flash mob at only 5 months old! For those of you that are unfamiliar with what a flash mob is, here is the definition: A flash mob is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and sometimes seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment and/or satire. And click here to see an example of one of my favorite flash mobs that happened in Belgium.
SO Katie and I had learned the dance online and followed the directions of bringing canned food items (the whole reason for this was to support MUST ministries -- fighting hunger!), and a blanket to "picnic" before the music starts up. I just have to mention that Kyle was by far the most excited out of the group about this. He was cracking us up... couldn't contain his excitement and was completely giving us away.
There were definitely around 500 people on the square, we were pumped! In this picture you can kind of tell how many people are there:
WHAT A BUMMER.
Emery and I squeezed in towards the end and did a couple movements, but still it was nothing like I hoped it would be. Katie decided not to squeeze through and Kyle could barely find us to video tape. Either way we did document!
I still hope to be in a real one someday, but either way I LOVE this trend :)
And speaking of crazy trends, anyone heard of these?
PLANKING
OWLING
People have too much time on their hands! haha




7 comments:
good effort! i bet she was the youngest flash mobber!! :)
i LOVE your short hair. love love love it.
I saw your moves! That totally counts! You were in a flash mob!!!
And yes, Nick just showed us videos of the coning the other night. Hadn't ever heard of owling, but planking is pretty funny. What will people come up with next?!?
Love you!
unbelievable! I had been waiting to hear an update. What a fun event to be a part of!
That is so cool! So fun! Way to go!!
this is great :) after i read this post, garret dave and i watched some other flash mobs on you tube. memories in the making that is for sure.
There was a TON of people in the way! Crazy. I still can't stop laughing at coning. I don't know why I find it so funny. It is hilarious though.
Way to go! You totally were part of a flash mob! I hadn't heard of Owling...so funny! You never know what you'll see just around the corner! The coning is too wasteful and messy for me. I'd rather just eat it and go!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!