Thursday, December 20, 2012

Feeling overwhelmingly blessed.

With Christmas drawing near, we are absolutely loving teaching Emery new songs, reading new books, and picking out gifts to go underneath our tree for her... all while starting new traditions together.  This past month has been so much fun for our family, with a new joy in the air that can only be explained from "the magic of Christmas".  I cannot imagine that happiness being stripped away from us in a matter of minutes.  I cannot imagine sending my little girl off to school, where I'm sure she'll be safe, and then her never coming home.  We've been praying for the students families and friends since the tragedy happened last Friday in Connecticut... just absolutely breaks my heart.

Yesterday, I learned that Lily Anderson passed away.  I have had the privilege of doing all the design work for Lily's Run for the past 4 years.  I never got to meet Lily in person, but her family is more than inspiring with what they've done to raise awareness and money to help fight cancer in young children (Lily was 8).  Please keep her family in your prayers.

Needless to say I've been holding Emery just a little tighter the past week, letting her eat cookies every now and then, and trying to be grateful when she's shy and only wants her momma.  I'm so thankful we have something to look forward to after this short life, knowing we'll see our loved ones again someday.

Thank you Emery for your contagious laugh and how much you've cheered me up the past couple days!

4 comments:

the girl in the red shoes said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes. You are so right...we are beyond blessed to be the mommies of such amazing little ones! I'm holding my little guy extra tight these days and thanking God for him, even when it's been a tough day. Have a wonderful Christmas! xoxo

Kathy and Dave said...

Lauren and I looooved this! It made us giggle too.

Sara said...

LOVE the video! Ben and I watched it twice! :)

Cathy and Marshall said...

So cute!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails