As I mentioned in yesterday's post, Kyle saved the day and allowed me to go to Nick's white coat ceremony. Emery came down with a stomach bug on Thursday night (the day her and I drove into Raleigh) so our original plan of allowing her to stay with a babysitter Friday during the ceremony was no longer an option. Kyle made the decision to drive all the way to Raleigh from Atlanta (he was working there for the week) to come take care of Emery and bring her back home to CLT -- a total of 9 hours driving that day for him. What a dedicated Daddy! (Also a huge thank you to my parents for running out super late Thursday night to pick up some medicine for her fever!)
Thursday night I think she and I got a total of 3 hours of sleep... ahh! She fell fast asleep mid-diaper change after a bath:

So pitiful, but loved all the cuddles:
When I got home Friday night after the ceremony here is the view I saw on our couch:
She sure does love her daddy, and so do I!
6 comments:
So sweet. Such a dedicated daddy (and mommy)!
So pitiful when they are sick, and we were happy to help by running for meds! Kyle seriously deserves some major props for doing all that driving so you could go to the White Coat Ceremony! What a wonderful Daddy and Mommy you are to Emery!
Grandma and I were happy to run out for meds. After all, whenever I take "B" out after hours I consider it a date and in this case we went 'clubbing'. It just so happens that the 'club' was Harris Teeter. Glad she is feeling better and it was wonderful to see you, Kyle and little 'e', even if your plans had to change and you headed home early.
Love you!
You certainly do have a winner of a husband when it comes to Kyle. He really went the "extra mile" in this case. When our little ones are miserable, we all are miserable. So glad she's better now. Our little Emery is such a sweetheart.
Little ones always get sick when it's least expected! Soooo good of Kyle to come to the rescue, realizing a White Coat Ceremony only comes along once in a lifetime! Kyle's a guy that comes through in a clutch. Congrats to your brother too! Quite an accomplishment!!!
I'm so sorry she got sick, but I'm so thankful that Kyle saved the day and you got to come to the White Coat Ceremony! Love you!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!