Monday, April 6, 2009

Charlotte Guenther Family Weekend

This weekend we headed to Charlotte for a busy but fun-event filled time! Friday night we arrived to Rach and Mike's just intime to give everyone hugs and head to bed. Kyle's whole family traveled in as well for the weekend. Saturday morning we all woke up early to go support Kerry, Brad, Rach & Mike in their Muddy Buddy Race.
And this is how they looked afterwards!
We were all calling it the Muddy Buddy RUN because there was a lot more running then we all had imagined! They ran to certain areas, had to perform certain tasks then run again to the next station. Here is one task they did... star jumps!
And here is another one... the Mud Pit!
Of course we brought Tyson and Raven to watch!
Kyle and I left early so he could make it to his ASU Alumni Hockey Game which was being held this year in the Checkers Stadium!! They had a great time, and the Alumni only lost 13-9... not too bad!! Here is Kyle all ready to go!
Half way through the game Molly & Marshal showed up, which was an awesome surprise! We all went to lunch at Brixx Pizza afterwards and stuffed ourselves till we couldn't move!!
We went home that afternoon, sat out in the sun for hours (how relaxing!) and then celebrated Kerry's 30th Birthday!! We all grilled out, and Rach made her some yummy strawberry & cream cheese icing cup cakes!
Sunday we all woke up and spent some more time together outside since it was so pretty! Even Pop enjoyed the warm weather!
Kyle and I met Molly & Marshal to go on a short hike before I cleaned up to head out for Tiffin's shower at 3. After mapquesting directions (being unprepared!) and seeing how far away it was I had to cancel on her last minute. I would have had to drive 8 hours total (2 hours there, 2 back, and 4 to ATL) that day, and not been able to get home to ATL till 1:00 am so it just didn't seem logical. I'm sad I missed it though. We met M&M for a quick lunch before we headed home, where we saw Cassidy & Renee-- small world!!

It was so nice to get back to ATL around 6:00, when it was still light outside!! We both have busy weeks this week, so it was nice to rest up! Hope you all had great weekends as well!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, what a busy but good weekend! I can't believe how muddy K, B, R, and M were! That's unbelievable! And we sure missed being at Kyle's ASU Alum Hockey game this year... Maybe next year it will be back in Raleigh?

And how cool that you ran into Cassidy and Renee! In Charlotte? What a small world!

Love you! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

TupeloLove said...

So great seeing you guys, as usual!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun packed weekend with the Guenthers. Pop looks good!

Can't wait for Easter Weekend.

Love to you both and Tyson too.

Grandma

Sara said...

Glad you had fun!

C. Deas ツ said...

Hey Guys! Just wanted to let you know I was back BLOGGGIN'!! Hope everythings going GREAT!! ...Dont come back to NC without getting in touch in ME!! Ciao!!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails