One of the things I learned really fast when I started dating Kyle was that he was a "messy room" type of guy. He could care less if he saw the carpet on the floor, just as long as there was a path from the door to his bed to the bathroom. WELL then he married me :) I am very proud to say that now he is a complete clean-freak. It drives him nuts to have clothes all over our room, and our family room all messy! I learned very quickly that Kyle just needed a specific place to put his things, which helps keep our house clean and organized. If I specified a place, from then on he would put whatever it was there. SO about a year ago I bought from the Pottery Barn Outlet a change jar, since I would find lose change in our washer and dryer everyday. I put the change jar on his dresser, and it soon began to fill up! I finally had the time to roll all the coins tonight, which completely brought back memories of doing that with my dad on weekends! (I love doing this, even though I immediately wash my hands b/c I'm so grossed out from the germs). And guess what the grand total was?!?!
SWEEET!! We have a jar too and I've kept one since middle school...I love to watch it grow and then see how much it's worth once it's full! cha-ching =)
I'm excited about my extravaganza next week but I'm not looking forward to sun, heat, extra crispy tan, dehydration, etc. You kids look like your having a blast though!
...Deas in the Guenther Home, Summer 09'! MAKE ROOM!!
4 comments:
What?! That's awesome! We have a jar in the kitchen, but it's stayed at the same level for a while now!
And thanks for the label tip, I decided to do it! Miss you guys!!
SWEEET!! We have a jar too and I've kept one since middle school...I love to watch it grow and then see how much it's worth once it's full! cha-ching =)
Wahoo!!!! Spare change really does add up! Way to go, Kyle!!! (And way to go, Leah, for doing all that rolling!) What are ya'll going to spend it on?
How was the hike this weekend?
I'm excited about my extravaganza next week but I'm not looking forward to sun, heat, extra crispy tan, dehydration, etc. You kids look like your having a blast though!
...Deas in the Guenther Home, Summer 09'! MAKE ROOM!!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!