Memorial Weekend in Marietta.
This weekend, we forced ourselves to stay in town, as both of us were running on empty. Kyle and I also had a lot of big decisions that we needed to talk about... the first one being about whether or not we would move. I'm not sure if most of you guys knew that we were debating moving to Roswell, a cute little town closer to my work. We had met with a Realtor a few times, and were about to put a "for sale" sign up... but looking at it strictly financially, it would just truly not be a good decision since we wouldn't make a profit on our house. On Sunday night we officially decided to stay in Marietta for a while :)
Friday night we both came home and had movie night! (I thought all these movies were scary, hence the face) I can't remember the last time we watched a movie together... what a treat! Seven Pounds, with Will Smith, was the first... and SO good. I would highly recommend it! Tyson thoroughly enjoyed movie night in our fort (we push both couches together) as well...
Saturday morning we woke up and had these delicious waffles with strawberries, whip cream, confectionery sugar and syrup... AMAZING.
We walked around downtown Roswell (this was when we were still considering the move), ate, and looked at some potential houses.
We came home and watched Slum dog Millionaire... I would also recommend this one! Some parts are hard to watch, but we still liked it and it has a good ending :) Sunday we went to church, hiked in the pouring rain for a couple hours, then headed to Little 5 Points to eat dinner with Chris, Kathleen, Elyse, and 2 of their friends. It was delicious... man I absolutely LOVE fried pickles.
Monday we got a ton done around the house (you should have seen our to-do list) and then went on a walk by Life University.
It's a cool trail and you get to pass some neat things! A little village:
and a waterwheel:
It was a very relaxed weekend, and we truly needed it! Unfortunately we had to miss our good friends, Kostya and Shannon's, wedding in Raleigh. We wish you both the best and hope you had a wonderful wedding day!!
8 comments:
So glad you had an awesome weekend in town! And good to hear that you have made final decision about moving. Good job hiking in the rain again... if it rains on your trip, you won't even care! :)
That waterfall is where Tyler and I got engaged!!!!! :)
I am so glad you had a weekend to relax! I've been wanting to see Seven Pounds also! Roswell is cute, but Marietta is fun and cute too =) Looks like a great weekend!
Seven pounds WAS good but I had a really hard time with Slumdog. Congrats on your house decision :-)
KG keepin it classy with that PBR
Sounds like fun!!! I love living vicariously through you, Leah! I pretend I'm walking, hiking, camping with you :-) I LOVE all of your posts and the adventures you and Kyle take together. Your fort and movie night sound like fun! I will have to get 7 pounds. I just watched slumdog - very good, but hard.
Love you girl!
ML
I am so glad that you all made the decison (1) to stay in town for the weekend and (2) to stay in Marietta. I think both were very wise:)
We haven't seen any of the movies that you mentioned, but have heard good things about them. We love movie nights too and will have to check them out.
And last thing: Those waffles looked AMAZING! Recipe please:)
seven pounds was intense but so good! your waffles are making me hungry just looking at them.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!