As an anniversary present, I "surprised" Kyle (everyone knows I can really never surprise him) with tickets to the Zac Brown Band concert New Years Eve at Phillips Arena! Before the concert, we went out to dinner at Max's brick oven pizzeria in the Lucky Marietta District and everything was so delicious. The lobster macaroni fritters as our appetizer were to.die.for. Oh man so so good!
Another date night, woo hoo!
There were multiple bands opening for Zac Brown, all of which are from his record label - Southern Ground. It was neat hearing about 3 songs from each band, and Zac Brown even came out and introduced each one which was cool.
Unfortunately one of the bands consisted of two brothers that RAPPED, and they were horrible. Why would they think it would be a good idea for karaoke rap music to be at a country concert?! They literally got booed after every song they sang.... I really felt bad for them. But then it was finally time for Zac Brown!
Kyle loves this group and knew all the lyrics to the songs. They actually covered a bunch of artists, one of which was John Mayer so I was able to sing along too! His band was amazing, especially the violinist. They played "Devil went down to Georgia" and it was so good.






8 comments:
So fun! I'm jealous!!!
what a fun way to bring in the new year! awesome.
the hubs and i went to zbb back in november. such a great concert. how fun that it was on nye and you got to celebrate with thousands of strangers.
What a great way to ring in the New Year! I enjoy country music, and have the song about "chicken fry" on my phone, especially since it's a tribute to our troops as well. So glad you both enjoyed the show. Great pictures!
What a fun concert and way to bring in the New Year! Love you!
Aww that looked like so much fun!!! I'm glad you got to ring in the New year with each other at a concert!! Glad you had a great time!
Looks like a fun concert! Very fun idea for New Years.
Your meal sounded delicious...especially that appetizer. May have to visit that place next visit to Marietta! So glad you could spend New Year's Eve out on a date, hearing one of Kyle's favorite bands. Wonderful way to usher in the new year!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!