On Friday morning, January 27th, Pop went home to be with his wife Ging. He had just celebrated his 99th birthday on the 10th of this month in California with tons of family and friends (we made this video for him since we couldn't be there).
Kyle and I have spent the weekend talking about the kind of man that Pop was... loving, hilarious, selfless, witty, and hard working were among the characteristics that came to our minds. He lived a full and long life and we are so thankful he's at peace now with a body that is whole, no longer holding that sharp mind back!
We are so grateful for the time that we had with him, especially the one-on-one time we had with him when he came to visit us in Atlanta. Although Emery never got to meet him in person, we have many happy memories about him to share with her.

10 comments:
I love his smile in the first photo. He was certainly loved by his family and is now in a better place.
i know Pop meant so much to you guys, he seemed like a really amazing man. so amazing that you have the peace of knowing you will get to see him again.
So sorry for your loss Leah!! Thoughts and prayers your way =)
I loved looking back at these pictures of his time with you! So thankful you all had that one-on-one time with him! Praying for you as you grieve his loss.
I'm so sorry for your loss Leah and Kyle. You and your family are in my prayers.
Praying for you guys! He looks like he was a wonderful man! God Bless!
I love the pictures and know that Emery will know her "Pop" and her "Gramps" through the memories and images you share with her. What a long full life he led! He will be missed by many, but as you said, he has a new heavenly dwelling. "Now, we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands." 2 Corinthians 5:1
I loved looking at all the photos of Pop and listening to the stories you've told. I know you guys will miss him so much.
He sounded like such an incredible man. Praying for you all during this time. So sorry for yours and Kyle's loss.
I am so sorry for you loss. He looks like a wonderful man. Thinking about you and Kyle.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!