I'm sorry we've been a little MIA on our blog this week. All of our spare time has been spent holding our sweet baby. She woke up Tuesday morning drenched in sweat and had a fever of 101.6. Since she still does not have teeth, so we just assumed it was the beginning of teething since anything around 102 is considered low-grade.
Valentine's Day night was rough. She couldn't get comfortable to sleep on her own, started not wanting to eat very much, and still felt so hot. We were alternating Motrin and Tylenol, which was working to reduce her fever to around 99 or 100. This is a picture I snapped of Kyle and Emery that night. Sleeping in that chair with Kyle was the only way that she would get restful sleep... so sweet.
Wednesday morning she still had a fever, but when she woke up from her morning nap it was 104.1. She cried anytime we put her down, and had her head resting on our shoulders constantly. We immediately called the Pediatrician but since they were out to lunch we went straight to Urgent Care. Here we are waiting for the doctor.
After a flu test came back negative, the doctor said most likely she caught some kind of viral infection and we just have to wait it out, hopefully only 7-10 days. She slept on and off the rest of the day, drank a lot from her sippy cup, and that night we saw some adorable smiles during a 5 minute energy burst. Oh man we love her so much.
10 comments:
Awww poor Em! I hope she gets better really soon!!
Poor thing! i hope she gets better asap!
Aw poor baby! That is so bittersweet... loving the cuddles but praying for her health! I know she will be feel better soon! Praying for y'all!
I am so sorry to hear about Emery! Praying that she will continue to get better but I am so glad you captured those sweet moments of her being held and I am glad you caught some smiles too.
Poor thing. I am so sorry that Em has had a fever!!! That pic of her sweating on Kyle absolutely breaks my heart. I sure hope that her fever breaks soon and that she gets back to her normal smiley self (love that pic!)... Love you and am praying!
Oh no! I really hope Em's feeling better soon. :( I didn't know she was so sick!
Poor Em! Hoping she feels better soon! Sick babies are the worst! Feel better Emery!
I am praying she is all over it by now. I know how hard it is when our babies get sick. My heart goes out to Emery and to you and Kyle. Love you all so much! Gigi
Poor thing! I know it must be so hard seeing your baby sick. Thomas had his 2 month shots and had a temp of 101. It broke my heart to see him not feeling well. Couldn't imagine if he was sicker from something else. Praying for Emery!
So so sad!! Poor Emery, those pics are heartbreaking!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!