Two weekends ago, we drove up to the cabin to spend a much needed weekend with the Turners! I think it had been at least 4 years since the last time we were up there together... ahhh time is going too fast. It was a low key, relaxed, kid focused weekend and we had an absolute blast.
Emery and I drove up early Friday to go grocery shopping and get everything ready before the Turners arrived. Emery and Ben were very excited to see each other again :)
Saturday morning, we enjoyed hanging out on the porch and just watching the kiddos play together. Can't believe how big they all are!
But before long Kyle said, "Let's head to the park, can we plan to leave
around 9:45?". I thought it was so weird that he was giving us a
deadline (deadlines are not allowed at the cabin!) but we all agreed and were headed off to the park right on
time! WELL we followed the guys right into a parking lot and they said "Happy Saturday, y'all are getting massages!". What a great surprise!!
The guys took the kids to a nearby playground while Sara and I had an hour all to ourselves! We walked next door to pick up sandwiches to bring back to the cabin before nap time. Late afternoon, we headed to Trout Lake to get some exercise and enjoy the beautiful weather. I love this next picture of our husbands with the youngest kiddos thoroughly enjoying their back pack rides.
Saturday night we had a delicious dinner, then stripped the kiddos down to run around and get their last bit of energy out. Emery and Ben kept sitting on the fireplace with their soccer balls... too funny.
Sunday morning after breakfast we headed to the Valley Crusis park and enjoyed another beautiful day in Boone. The kids loved putting their feet in the river for a little bit, while we watched Tyson swim.
And we got some family photos!
And I love this next picture that Sara caught of Ethan. Sara and Joe y'all are doing such an amazing job with both your boys, but especially Ethan. We loved hearing his giggles all weekend long, sharing some eye contact, and having him lead our hands to actions he wanted us to do. The time, energy and love that you pour into him constantly is inspiring.
And while Emery napped, the boys enjoyed a snack on the porch. Such a great picture of the two Turner boys...
The Turners headed out around 3, and Kyle stayed a little longer with us before having to head back to Atlanta. Emery and I stayed the rest of the week to meet more friends up there!
Before he left though we had to take our swing pics!
Great weekend with great weather and great friends!













4 comments:
What a fun visit! I love that the boys surprised you with a massage!
oh goodness, thank you for the compliments. i'm glad he did so well with you guys! and thanks for the awesome weekend... we loved every minute of it!
Yay! I love that you guys are able to do that together. So sweet.
What a great weekend with friends!!!! Loved that your boys surprised you with massages too!!! Fun, fun!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!