Wednesday, April 2, 2014

34 week ultrasound

The first week of April, we had an ultrasound to check the size of baby.  At my last appointment I was measuring 2 weeks ahead (so instead of 32 I was measuring 34-35).  The doctor said it could be the fact that I had a full bladder, or that I had extra amniotic fluid which could mean some problems with baby (google if you are curious).  For the past two weeks, I will admit, I have been a little nervous but also very excited to see our baby boy again on ultrasound since the last time we saw him was at 18 weeks. 

Thankfully the ultrasounds showed that our baby boy is growing perfectly and is just a big boy!  All of his measurements showed he's in the 75th percentile!  They didn't notice any bright spot on his heart this time, so that was comforting that soft marker for down syndrome is no longer there as far as they could tell.  He was practicing breathing during the ultrasound as well so we were able to see his lungs working perfectly.  Ultrasounds can't really tell you the weight of the baby (there is a 1 lb swing either way) but from all his measurements they are guessing he is right under 6 lbs!  Thank you all for your prayers on our ultrasound day!

I'm going to try to update with these surveys for my last couple weeks:

How Far Along: 34 weeks! (Measuring 36 weeks)

Total Weight Gain: I'm up 28 pounds.  So I'm a couple pounds higher than what I was with Emery-- looking forward to having warmer weather and walking almost everyday which will help.  Not stressing about weight this time though and just enjoying being pregnant :)

Gender: A Baby BOY who is measuring 5 pounds 14 ounces already!

Movement: Moves all the time.  My doctor isn't requiring any kick counts since he moves so frequently.  He also gets hiccups almost everyday which is really fun to feel the steady movement of him moving.

Here is a video I took of his hiccups one night!

What I miss: Jimmy Johns, Sushi, Caffeine, Moscato, and Margaritas!

Sleep: Sleeping great, still only waking up once during the night to go pee.

Symptoms: Acid reflux is coming back at night a little bit and my back has hurt if I'm on my feet or bending over too much during the day but the heating pad helps.  I also am taking naps pretty much every day when Emery takes her nap.  Even if I only let myself sleep 20 minutes it makes the biggest difference in my energy and patience levels!  I'm still unsure what Braxton Hicks contractions feel like but I do think I've had them on and off this pregnancy.  My stomach definitely gets tight but I also feel like there is a correlation to just having a full bladder or just him being big!  So we'll see as I get further along if they come more often.

Cravings: Ice cream, cookies, cheese & crackers, and candy!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Looking good! Come on baby! And I love the things you miss. All those people who say they don't miss anything. Come on people... Ya you do. I had a very very long list. We will make up for It soon. Where did u get your dress? So stylish!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails