Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Book Club: Dear John!

Last month our book club book was Dear John written by my all time favorite author, Nicholas Sparks. I love that no matter what's going on I can always get lost in his books and finish them in a day or two.... just love it.
So here we are: Jeanine, Holly, Jillian, Jennifer, Lauren, Stephanie and me:
Well last Friday our book club met at Holly's house and we all had such a great night together. We discussed the book while eating dinner, and then headed out to go see the movie! I was the only one who had seen the movie so I had to keep quiet during the discussion since I knew that the movie was SO different than the book. WAY different endings-- and we like the movie ending better! Of course the book had so many more details and I always love books better than the movies themselves!
I have never laughed so hard in a serious movie before in my life. We definitely were those annoying girls in the back row. Holly kept being like "this is my favorite part" and leaning really close to the people in front of her... when really it wasn't in the book so she had NO IDEA what was going on. Oh my gosh we just laughed so hard, I truly needed it!
Thank you girls for such a wonderful night, I can't wait to meet again next month!!P.S. My favorite song from the movie is "This is the thing" by Fink. (I 'shazamed' it while in the movie theater on my iphone!)

4 comments:

Tara said...

So much fun, Leah! I'm so glad that you spent this time with your girlfriends, and got the chance to laugh out loud, even if you guys were annoying!!!

Sara said...

how fun to get lots of laughs! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read the book and to see the movie. Hope to see you soon, Leah, cause I miss you! Love,
Grandma

Holly said...

Oh my gosh, he is my favorite author too! I have EVERY book of his and have even read some twice! My favorite is The Lucky One..but they all are so good so it's really hard to choose! I thought the newest one (with the movie soon to be released) was one of the saddest though! Love Nicholas Sparks!!! :)

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails