Tyson LOVES routine... he's just like his mommy :)
Okay so here is the background... I always place things at the bottom of the stairs during the day that need to go to our room. We carry them up at night when it's time for bed. I started getting Tyson to carry something up every night... and he LOVES it. His tail wags so hard once he makes it upstairs-- so happy to have helped me. (Not to mention I act SO excited and praise him a lot once he makes it up there!)
One night I gave him my iphone, and he carried it gently in his mouth all the way upstairs. It seems to have stuck as he won't take ANYTHING else but my cell phone now. If I forget and start walking up before him, he runs a couple steps in front of me then blocks me from going up any further until I give him it. Absolutely hilarious, but the dog whisperer is right... DOGS LOVE HAVING JOBS!!!
(As you'll notice in the background of this picture is our lovely Elle proof landing. She actually hasn't peed AT ALL the past week and a half, and the only change is that Kyle is gone :( So I guess we know the problem haha. She's a girls girl!)
11 comments:
How cute!! That is TOO funny!
Good job Tyson! That is the cutest thing ever! Dogs really do like to be put to work!
This is so funny, I love it!
ahahaah this is tight
tyson is awesome, and will probably make me get a black lab when im married and have a family of my own one day (probably 25-30 years from now FML)
he such a beautiful dog!!
Way to go Tyso! You are such a smart dog!!!!
He is such a great dog and yes, the more jobs the better to keep him occupied! Hope he never does the "shake it up" trick with the iPhone!
That is so cute!! Molly loves having jobs too. I've tried to tell her to clean the house while we are gone, but that hasn't worked out yet.
that is precious. i love how he is gentle enough to carry your iphone. maybe he'll start making calls with the touch screen? he seems like the best dog.
That Tyson is something else. I like the part about Elle though. I can't believe she hasn't peed on the plastic in the past week and a half. Oh my!!!!! What a cat. She has problems! Grandma
Hey Leah! found your blog through Tara's-i have been in a few of her bible studies!!
i love that your lab does this! what a good helper you have!! we just got a chocolate lab back in December-Penny. we are kinda crazy about her!
how old is Tyson?
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!