Monday, March 29, 2010

Indian Princess Memories

The past couple weekends I've been up in NC helping my parents get their house ready to sell.
While we were going through old boxes I found...
OUR INDIAN PRINCESSES VESTS & NECKLACES!!!
My dad and I did this group when I was around 9 or 10... which let me just say is A LOT cooler than Girl Scouts! We would meet with other father-daughter couples and do crafts and go on trips.... it was really fun!
At one of the meetings, we all had to pick each others names for the tribe. All the girls were picking out "soaring eagle" and "rolling thunder" names for their dads. Well, I took one look at dad and named him "Honey Bear". Does that not fit him perfectly?! haha He named me "running fawn".
I couldn't believe our vests still "fit". Although mine was pretty snug, and didn't even reach my stomach!
Guess I've grown a little since then!
I must have forgotten this, but our tribe name was "Hekowi".
Dad said him and all the other dads came up with it as in "Where the Heck-our-we?". hahaha
Really fun memories. Thanks dad for humoring me and putting this on!! Love you so much :)

15 comments:

Big EZ said...

Love my Running Fawn!!!!!! HB

Sara said...

oh my gosh, honey bear is SO perfect. so so sweet. :)

the girl in the red shoes said...

That is so sweet that you got to do that with your dad! The pictures are so cute. You need to frame them along side of a picture of you and your dad when you were little.

Derek and Amanda said...

very cute! What a sweet, sweet memory to have! :)

Erin said...

Love the stars and balloons! What fun!

Unknown said...

hey leah, it's colleen cattel. I've been reading your blog for a little while now and never commented, but had to when I saw this post! what great memories?! can't believe you guys still have your vests and necklaces. guessing I'll see you in a couple weeks at Mada and Cory's wedding, small world, huh?
hope to see you then,
tiger lily, haha :)

Anonymous said...

this is such a great memory to have with your dad!

Lauren said...

You would name him Honey Bear. poor Mr. Baker.

Tara said...

Oh what fun memories!!! I'm so glad that you guys took this picture...It had blog post written all over it:)

Love you Honey Bear and Running Fawn!

Bonnie Widmaier said...

honey bear totally suits your dad. what fun memories.

Nick said...

6 bear talons on your necklace vs 4 on dads... owned again

Jillian said...

That is the cutest thing!! So sweet, I love that you named your dad Honey Bear...adorable!

The Glunks said...

i started reading your blog through Molly / Marshalls... my dad/sister and I were in Indian princesses!! I would love to find our stuff... i was "Shy Fox", dad was "Short Twig" (ha!), and my sister was "Flaming Fire". Great memories.

Jenn & David said...

so much fun! It sounds like it was 10x better than Girl Scouts ;) Hope you are keeping on to those items!!!

Drea said...

awe cute! u look so much like ur sister btw :) just blonde and those are great pics of u and ur dad!

Drea
www.dreawood.com

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails