Friday, March 12, 2010

Oscar Party 2010!

This was my first time attending an Oscar Party... to be completely honest I don't know if I've ever watched the Oscars. I'm more of a Grammy/MTV award show type person, with people I actually know of and performances left and right.
ANYWAYS, that didn't stop me from dressing up and attending Holly's Oscar Party! Her and her husband, Chris, host a party every year, they had awesome decorations and really went all out!
So I went to Holly's apartment and knocked on the door. A few seconds later she swung open her front door and introduced me to the strobe light red carpet, where she then stuck a sparkling glitter microphone in my face and asked me who designed my dress. I couldn't stop laughing -- she was SO in character. I then walked to the paparazzi area where Chris took my picture and then I finally made it inside!
Stephanie came dressed in cheetah print, and of course don't forget the "bump it" in her hair. Oh I just loved her outfit! Paula was by far the most creative and made a dress out of a sateen sheet, now that's talent! I found a dress that I had worn to a debutant ball with Kyle back in 2002 and of course wore my 'dance team bling' earrings to match. The food that everyone brought was delicious too!
They had about 11 people show, and we all watched the Oscars together. On every commercial they quizzed us on trivia, and before the show even started we had to fill out ballots of who we think would win! A really fun night, I wish Kyle would have been in town to make it but I sure filled up my weekend with some great girl time!! Thanks again Holly for hosting this!

11 comments:

Jillian said...

That looks like so much fun!! I SOO wish I could have made it! Maybe next year =)

C. Deas ツ said...

This is hilarious!!

Big EZ said...

Just call me Oscar.

TupeloLove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the girl in the red shoes said...

Looks like fun! Such a cute idea!

Lacey said...

SO CUTE!!!! It looked like so much fun!

Mindy said...

How fun!

Tara said...

What a neat idea! I think the microphone and paparrazi area were the most creative~ And you looked beautiful!!!

Sara said...

that looks really fun and i love your paparazzi shot!! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Leah, I do MTV/Grammy parties too! :) Those are my favorite. I just didn't want to come off as an award's show junkie, which I am! :)

Kristin said...

OH MY GOODNESS these are the days I wish Tyler and I hadn't moved away! How fun does that look!?!?! Holly is so creative, gotta love her :)

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails