That's right folks, Kyle's 95 year old grandpa, Pop, flew down from NC on Saturday! Kerry & Brad were on their way to a cruise, so they flew down with him, stopping through ATL for us. He's staying with us for 10 days, and we're having a great time visiting with him. We've just been staying in (a nice change for Kyle & I), eating some good food and hearing lots of stories from how he met Ging (Kyle's grandma who passed away a couple years ago) and what jobs he's held throughout the years. He's surprised me with how talkative he's been since he came down-- he even got spunky and was checking out some "tootsie-wootsies" in Red Lobster the other night! ha. Anyways here are a couple pictures.
Every day Pop has his "happy hour" drink when we get home from work.
Our cats are loving Pop's electric blanket, and have been cuddling with him a lot:
He's been getting up the stairs just fine with Kyle's help for balance. Kyle has been making him breakfast and packing him a lunch everyday before he heads to work... what a sweet husband I have!
7 comments:
I'm so glad that you have this time with him...and that he has it with you!
ok, so i'm crying this is so sweet! kyle i could hug your sweet little neck right now!
Happy Hour sounds fun!
Nice Coooozy!
What are tooties wootsies?
it's such a blessing to still be able to have time with grandparents as adults. by the way, my grandfather called my grandmother "tootsie" their whole life together. i never heard him call her anything else.
Puck is in heaven with that electric blanket and an available lap I'm sure! I'm so happy Pop has this time with you two and he is looking great!!
How nice!! I love hearing stories from my grandfather, it's so amazing how things used to be. And cheers to the happy hour!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!