Monday, June 4, 2012

The whirlwind continues...

Our house contract was canceled yesterday... AGAIN.  Kyle and I both had really started to get excited about the adventure of moving into a new house (yes I had already planned where all of our furniture was going), getting to do projects again, having more space inside for Emery to play, having a yard for Tyson to play, and mentally being one step closer to NC.  So to hear that news yesterday was very disappointing for us.  (It was the fact that our buyer's house contract just fell through, so now they can't buy ours.)

Although, there are always positives in every situation.  Because we heard this news yesterday instead of later this week, we will get reimbursed our full deposit on the rental house, and we didn't have to go through the hassle of replacing the carpet or having the house deep cleaned (although both were lined up and ready to go!).  Luckily, we hadn't started packing our house yet either.  Like I said, many positives in finding out that news yesterday.

But if we're being honest, it still totally stinks...

I still was in a really bad mood yesterday and ate way too many cookies to try to get myself to feel better.

I still was so upset for how much time and energy I've put into finding this rental, getting quotes on carpet and cleaning, calling and comparing rates for utilities there.  I hate spending time on stuff that will never amount to anything.

I still cried when I handed Marilyn her keys back and told her that she'll have to re-list her house for new renters.  (Bet that's not on the normal list of what most renters do...).  I just felt so bad that we were "flaking" on her, especially since there were 4 movers at her house moving out all their stuff right when I told her this news. 


BUT we love our house and will enjoy it however much longer God wants us to be here for.  And since it's Monday and we need a pick-me-up around this house, here is a video that always makes Kyle and I smile.  This was taken probably a month ago.  Oh, we love our Emery and that contagious laugh!

10 comments:

Linda said...

That video is the perfect pick-me-up! So sorry things haven't worked out...I know it's frustrating to have spent so much time for naught :-( But, at least you can look on the positives and know Who holds the future in the palm of His hand!

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you guys, we've been there before and know the mixed emotions it brings! Cute video... That laugh is precious!

Lacey said...

Oh no I'm so sad to hear the contract was cancelled! I know you were getting excited about moving into the house you rented! But Emery & cookies can definitely cheer you up! :) We should plan a night to get together soon! Miss you!

Grandma said...

Oh Leah, I am so very, very sorry. I am sitting here in a state of shock. I think I am going to go get some peanut M&M's right now. Loved the video though, and love you, Kyle and Emery!

Tara said...

I've been praying for you today! And another positive is that we will just get to veg at night when I'm there :) No need to pack...we can just hang out :) Though you know I would've totally been happy to pack with you. Love you!

Bonnie Widmaier said...

What a bummer! I know gods timing is perfect and he has an even better plan in mind for u guys. I know now unreel a out working and spending one on things that don't amount to anything. So frustrating, especially when u have sweet babies waiting on you. Praying for peace during the wait. Love that giggle!

Jen said...

That is such a bummer! Maybe a new buyer will come along and offer over the asking price for your house now :) It's hard when you have everything set up and ready to go! Emery is so cute!

Jen said...

That is such a bummer! Maybe a new buyer will come along and offer over the asking price for your house now :) It's hard when you have everything set up and ready to go! Emery is so cute!

Jillian said...

Well that just totally sucks! I am hoping a praying your house sells soon!! However, how could you ever be down with one of the cutest kids on the planet?! Seriously, she is ADORABLE!!

Lynsey said...

Praying for y'all. I know God has just the perfect plan in place for your sweet family and it's all about his timing and not ours.

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails