Monday, October 29, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup & Cornbread Recipes!

Don't let the horrible picture fool you, we make these recipes at least once a month in our house as they are so delicious and perfect for the colder months!  My sister shared them with us last year and I'm now selfishly posting them on our blog so I'll be able to find them faster.  Hope you enjoy!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
2 cans black beans, undrained (can use low sodium)
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup salsa

Directions:
Pour ingredients into crock pot. Cook 8 hours on low.  Garnish with cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream.  Thank you, Brooke, for sharing this with us!

Cornbread

Ingredients:
2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
1/2 cup oil
1 can cream style corn
3 eggs
8 oz. sour cream
1 tsp. salt

Directions:
Mix together by hand and pour into 9 x13 greased baking dish.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (Yes I took this picture outside... it was too dark in our house!)  Thank you, Kim, for sharing this with us!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Both are so yummy!!!

Kim said...

I can't make the cornbread, due to an intolerance of gluten - however can I assume that the tomato sauce is the 8 oz. and the stewed tomatoes are the 16 oz. size? Also, is the chicken supposed to be pre-cooked? Let me know as soon as possible - I would love to put this in my slow cooker tomorrow.

Your daughter is just adorable and I have enjoyed watching her grow up!

leah said...

Hey Kim! Thank you for your comment, I love learning about new readers!

This recipe is so easy b/c you just dump in everything-- no preparations ahead of time. So chicken breasts goes in raw. As far as the stewed tomatoes, it's just the normal size can... probably 14.5 oz or 16 oz! And the tomato sauce is the smaller can size... 8 oz! Although I'm sure if you did different sizes of these it would still end up to be delicious... really you can't mess it up!

Hope you enjoy!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails