Our sweet friends, Cory and Fowler were at the house waiting for us to pull up to start helping us unpack... in the rain none-the-less! It was insane how quickly they got the truck unloaded and furniture in it's places! Sadly I didn't get a picture of Fowler before he left, but here's one of Cory and Ky!
Thank you again so much Cory for all of your help especially since your time was so limited when you were back here in the US!
I really am not sure how Kyle was keeping his eyes open at this point, let alone lifting all this furniture. So thankful I have a hard working husband who doesn't mind doing manual labor... and his many friends that are the same way!
Saturday morning, our best friends Molly and Marshal came over to help, with fresh bagels and coffees for us all! We are beyond excited to live in the same city as these two again and we had the best time unpacking and catching up. Thank y'all so much again for spending your Saturday helping us!
Before we knew it, the weekend was over and it was time to drive my mom back to Raleigh... even though I knew Emery was going to go through Grandma with drawl as they sure became best buds! Dad, Grandma and the Dews graciously allowed me to borrow Mom for 10 days so I guess she needed to return back to her normal life at some point :) We spent 24 hours in Raleigh catching up with everyone and giving Emery some quality time with family!
She's grasping everyone's names so quickly these days and I love how she KNOWS family members now. Here she is soaking up some Grandpa time:

Every time she woke up from her nap her first word was "Gigi"... so cute!
And even though this picture is horrible I just have to share it. Tara and I never would have predicted that our girls would have such curly hair, but this night in particular Emery and Samantha's hair was out of control!! So funny!
Absolutely loved getting to catch up with my sis and spend some long overdue time with her fam too! Isn't it crazy how similar we are looking these days?
On our way out of town we also swung by Grammy's house to spend some time with her before heading back to Charlotte! The best thing is... we only had a 2 HOUR DRIVE home!!! So Emery slept most of the way... wow I can get used to that kind of road trip!
6 comments:
My brother (and his dog, Bear)lived in Huntersville for a few years and he LOVED it. He is back in Georgia with our family now, but he really enjoyed his time in NC. He lived in one of the apartmetns in the live/work/play area with all of the shops & restaurants. He found some great outdoor places to hike & play with Bear. I hope y'all love it as much as he did!
You are great friends in both cities and know how much you needed and appreciated their help! Loved seeing M & M again and it was fun being in the kitchen with you and Molly. That picture of you and Tara is now one of my favorites...beautiful daughters!
Oops...meant to say you HAVE great friends in both cities!
Loving your blog posts and loving the fact that you are now living closer. Your rental house is so cute and inviting. I can see why you are so happy with it. Thank goodness for so many wonderful friends who came to your rescue in helping you with your move. Cant tell you how happy it makes me when Emery says "Gigi"
I sure wish I could've helped pack/unpack but I'm glad that we got to enjoy so much time together when you returned MOM :) Love you guys so much!!!!
I'm so glad you are closer to your family! It is such a blessing!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!