Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pantry Love!

While we are on the subject of organizing... I thought I would share a project that I did one day during Emery's nap time.  It is very unlike me to make sporadic decisions, especially without consulting Kyle first... but this day I was feeling spunky so I went for it. 
See our pantry?  It really needed some love (and some food!).
The first step was taking out all the shelving:
The walls were all scuffed up and the shelves were sooooo dirty:
And I started painting!  I already had a brush & roller with comfort gray paint on them from a project the night before (do y'all know the trick of saving brushes with paint on them by wrapping them in saran wrap & putting them in the fridge?  It seriously works!) which helped cut set up time in half!  Pucky wanted to help some too.
After putting the shelves back in, I bought cheap black bins from Ikea to organize our food in and then added labels for easy access.  Let me just tell you how nice it is to have a bin to throw all of Emery's snacks into!

And a close up of the labels:
Love it!  Can y'all tell I'm excited to have my craft closet back for easy access?  I set this up the other night too!
No better way to start off the new year and new house than by being organized!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Great job!! Amazing what a little paint and some organization can do for a space.

Linda said...

What a difference!!! I know, I've been in that pantry...hehe! Love the paint, bins and labels...so much better! I also love your craft closet. Way to be organized!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails